What on earth is happening with my dispute?

Hi all,

Some of you might know about my fake shoes. Paypal has accepted my request of not sending the shoes back and have them destroyed instead.

In my paypal account, I had "action required" field giving me instructions of faxing the documentation and cover letter printing. I went to check it again today, the "action required" field was no longer there. The status was "being reviewed by paypal" instead of "awaiting for buyer's response". The discription writes "We are reviewing the information we have received. We are reviewing this case and will contact you if we require additional information or when we reach a decision. No further action is required of you at this time."

I haven't faxed them the documentation yet, what have they recieved? I'm so confused. Do I still need to fax them my letter from caroldiva (the letter will be ready by may 21)? If anyone has paypal dispute's cover letter format, could you please copy and paste it to me?

TIA.:heart:

OK, since you have started a new thread with your situation, I myself do not know the whole story behind your "fake shoes." If you could somehow elaborate to what has happened—for those of us who don't know the situation, or just repost in your original thread, that would be very helpful.

BUT, from what I can gather from your question, I think when PP posts that, it doesn't necessarily mean they need YOUR action, but both you and the other person involved. The few times I have filed a dispute through PP, even though I have posted everything on my end, it will still show up as "action required." Meaning they were waiting for the other party to write their version of the situation.

Sounds like you have submitted what you need, and once the other party has posted their reply, you should be notified from PP that the other party posted a response, and you could go right to it to see what they wrote.

Unfortunately, PP seems to take a long time dealing with claims. I imagine it's because they want to get everybody's side of the story before they make their final decision, and there are times that the other party doesn't respond as quickly as they should, and PP gives them like 10+ days to respond.

Otherwise, if I am completely off base here, my apologies. :okay:

Hi all,

Some of you might know about my fake shoes. Paypal has accepted my request of not sending the shoes back and have them destroyed instead.

In my paypal account, I had "action required" field giving me instructions of faxing the documentation and cover letter printing. I went to check it again today, the "action required" field was no longer there. The status was "being reviewed by paypal" instead of "awaiting for buyer's response". The discription writes "We are reviewing the information we have received. We are reviewing this case and will contact you if we require additional information or when we reach a decision. No further action is required of you at this time."

I haven't faxed them the documentation yet, what have they recieved? I'm so confused. Do I still need to fax them my letter from caroldiva (the letter will be ready by may 21)? If anyone has paypal dispute's cover letter format, could you please copy and paste it to me?

TIA.:heart:
Maybe they have received something from the seller...

Most importantly you have to fax the cover letter etc. before the deadline or they will close the case and decided in the favor of the seller. It takes them time to receive your information and the sellers information then review it. You should call Paypal to see where the case stands.

Thanks everyone and sorry about not linking my previous post. Here it is. http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/my-turn-file-dispute-should-i-shouldnt-i-292661.html

Long story short. The shoes are fake so I filed dispute with paypal then the seller offered return/refund. I did not want to send them back because the seller definately will resell it to scam another person and the postage will be $50, on me. I then filed a complaint with paypal stating that I was not willing to return the shoes since they were fake. Paypal accepted my complaint and required my action (showing in paypal account). It's disappeared now and that's why I'm so confused.
I have called them and yes I still do need to fax them documents that proves unauthencity. I recieved my "statement of non-authencity" from caroldiva today (she is soooo nice and professional!) and will fax them to paypal.
Thanks for all the help guys, will keep you posted.:tup: