Burning candles- Scented or Unscented?

Virginia

Happiness
O.G.
Sep 21, 2005
Hi all, I have a quick question:

Does a candle need to be scented to help eliminate odors in a room or will an unscented candle do the job as well?

Thanks in advance! :flowers:

In my experience scented candles do a better job. May I recommend Diptyque candles? I had never heard of this brand until I joined tPF and now I am completely addicted to them! They have rich, wonderful scents that really fill up a room.

I agree w/ madamfifi- just be careful as to what the smell you've got is and the scent. Some smells are really bad mixed- like covering up the smell of fish cooked in the house and flowers, IMO!

:girlsigh: Sigh.....DH has terrible asmha and wheezes from any type of candles. Unfortunately, I have to live a candle free life!!! I'm jealous!

:girlsigh: Sigh.....DH has terrible asmha and wheezes from any type of candles. Unfortunately, I have to live a candle free life!!! I'm jealous!

you are my buddy in a candle free-existence. hub hates scented candles, and is weird about me wearing perfume as well.

i bought some flameless candles from QVC, they turn on every night for 5 hours...they are absolutely amazing. i haven't replaced the battery in over a year. they look just like candles, and no fire hazard with the kids/animals. i put them in the windows when we are out of town. it looks like someone is home.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail

Today my dog had a bit of an "accident" on the living room floor, which left a truly unpleasant odor. I've read several times about leaving a bowl of vinegar out in the room, never had to try it for myself; but I must say, after a few hours, the odor is completely gone.

^ Oh, vinegar is some wonderful stuff. I use a mixture of vinegar and hot water in my carpet cleaner and it works tons better than cleaners on the market for machines. My mom cleans tons of stuff w/ vinegar in general too- it really works great, once you get used to the smell when you clean.