Do they line the side D-ring tab on a Roxanne or is it a fake?

ddayz

Apr 28, 2008
I thought a sure way to spot a Roxanne fake, was to check the D-ring, as I have read that the tab should not be lined, but should be showing in suede, the same as the interior of the bag. These two photos are showing, (in theory) two identical Roxanne's selling on ebay. The first one is new and I am pretty sure is authentic, I have also seen a photo showing the D-ring correctly. The second one is used, and I am having doubts. The seller says it is genuine, but cannot email a photo of the side for some reason, and it looks as though the D-ring is lined as you can see where the leather starts on the inside. Both are identical in colour etc. Could it be a fake? Or do mulberry make them slightly differently each season etc.

Attachments

• a6e1_1.jpg
    a6e1_1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 84
  • ebay items 074.jpg
    ebay items 074.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 93
I have a lemon Roxy & the D ring isn't lined. I also have an aqua one & the D ring is lined.

Thats interesting... Are both your Roxy's made in the same leather. I'm thinking that maybe with the stiffer type leather like Darwin it's left unlined, but the soft glove leather is perhaps lined?

The lemon one is like Darwin and the aqua is soft grain so they are very different - lemon is much stiffer. Guess the D ring would flop about all over the place on the aqua if it weren't lined.

My Chocolate Darwin Roxy is NOT lined.

The photos above, the second one (the unlined one) is like my chocolate one.

I haven't seen a lined one before - maybe they are older ones or something?

Could one of you lovely ladies please explain what a D-ring is? I've peered and peered at the photos available, and I can't determine what you're talking about. Please be gentle, as I am a new Mulberry fan.

Thank you ever so much.

It is exactly like the lined one in the pic (I think it is Tags Pic in the authenticate this thread) it is about 4 years old but bought from Bond St so def genuine
Good luck in finding one