Jewelry craze through lay away....

Bagluvluv

ALMA HUNTER
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Is this praticed alot in your local jewelry stores??

Some of the stores I frequent kept telling me to lay pieces away and pay it off monthly....at first, I was weired out by the whole concept..."what do you mean?", I would ask. They they replied, "pay weekly or monthly, until you pay it off and take the piece home!"....I was like...what?? but then the more I thought about it, the idea grew on me...

Now at first, it was hard for me to do...I mean, I want it now and going back over and over to pay alittle at a time seems so silly. But, there was this earring and necklace set that I adored so I thought I'd try it....well, now Ive been doing this from time to time and its making it too easy for me to buy new things...lol...its both good and bad for me....Its good that I get to pay slowly and I tend to buy only those pieces I really love...but I started to buy a bit more than my usual pace....

Do you guys ever do this too???

i think its worth it besides isnt it more exciting when u FINALLY pay it all off? and take it home? haha
i dont know ive never done this before but it would be nice if offer that kind of service at least u know itll be urs and not sold. and hopefully can keep the price the way it is and not jump with price increase?

Is there interest on it?

I don't know anything about layaway, but if it's better than debt on a credit card and it's more affordable for you, then why not?

No, they dont charge anything....

Yeah, I guess it is a good thing in a way, especially when there is a piece I really like and am short on cash for that month...this option has made it easier for me to buy a couple of pieces I would have passed on other wise...but I guess this is the whole idea behind their strategy of it....and they cant loose because they dont release the piece to me unless I pay it all off....

i think its worth it besides isnt it more exciting when u FINALLY pay it all off? and take it home? haha
i dont know ive never done this before but it would be nice if offer that kind of service at least u know itll be urs and not sold. and hopefully can keep the price the way it is and not jump with price increase?

We agree on the price at the time I put money down and increases are not allowed because I get a stub with the total on it......

It is nice to wait...I didnt think that it would be because it felt really odd at first..but it has made me a more diciplined buyer because of the whole process.....I really have to love the piece and it has helped me look at some pieces that I would of normally passed on because of the price ranges of what I have to spend vs. what I really want....

Last edited:
Hmmm.....i think its a good idea, but not for me. I'm super impatient, when i fall in love with something, i would wanna take it home immediately, going back over and over to pay alittle at a time will be a torture for me:death::cry:...