"chain bag" for evening

May 23, 2006
This caught my eye (in RED) on YSL.com. :graucho:

http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Women/Handbags/Evening/P-Chain Bag.aspx

The size is listed as 5”H x 6”W x 2”D. Wondering if anybody has seen it IRL and whether it will fit the cocktail party essentials? (For me: BlackBerry, keys, lipstick, compact)

Opinions? Thoughts?

I like the price and the long chain; I'm not good at parties holding a clutch in one hand and a drink in the other...and then hitting the buffet table, lol. Not enough hands for that. :P

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• deep red Yves Saint Laurent chain bag.jpg
    deep red Yves Saint Laurent chain bag.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 8,313
  • chain bag3.JPG
    chain bag3.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 7,823
  • chain bag.JPG
    chain bag.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 217
  • chain bag2.JPG
    chain bag2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 213
I've seen it at NM and it's a cute little bag. Since it's 2" deep, you would have enough room for the essentials you listed. I'm biased, though, because it's like a mini version of my patent Catwalk (with a chain and the toggle on the front, of course) which I love!

Normally, I don't like the croc embossed patent in red because I think it's just too much with the glossy patent, embossed pattern and bright red color, but this bag is so tiny that I think you can get away with it. The black is still my favorite, but if I saw the red at a party, I know I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes off of it. :girlsigh:

^Thanks shazam. My thinking exactly on the bright red patent: I'd probably only go for it in a smaller bag like this. Although if YSL did a Catwalk in this red--or the deeper red on the upcoming Majorelle--I would def be tempted to get that!

So cosmo, what did you decide??? It is a cute little bag:smile:

I have such a hard time getting excited about evening bags. I use them so seldom it seems a waste. Until I get dressed and find I DON"T have one that goes with the outfit. I love bags, but evening bags to me are kind of like a necessary evil. I don't really enjoy them...how sad...

So cosmo, what did you decide??? It is a cute little bag:smile:

I have such a hard time getting excited about evening bags. I use them so seldom it seems a waste. Until I get dressed and find I DON"T have one that goes with the outfit. I love bags, but evening bags to me are kind of like a necessary evil. I don't really enjoy them...how sad...

I def want it. I'm moving it near the top of my LONG LONG wishlist. :nuts:

I don't have many "evening bags" either and I realized the other day that I need some more in my wardrobe. I like this YSL because its not so dressy that I also can't wear it with more-casual outfits or for running around shopping.