Which Gauffre to get - tote or e/w?

loriw

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
I'm debating between this tote in blue:

0416692110215_275x275.jpg

or the classic e/w style in black - I think I'm leaning towards the blue - thoughts? thank you!!

BOTH!

I have the tote in grey lambskin and it's divine. Not to mention extremely convenient to use with the detachable strap.

The e/w is really classy too and slightly more dressier IMO. It can be dressed up or now. :smile:

I love the one you have pictured. I have one in black leather, it's lightweight, easy to wear and easy to use. Plus it seems to be a pretty tough bag, even though the leather is so very soft!

Here're a couple pics of my hubby modeling it.

Attachments

• blkGauffre2.jpg
    blkGauffre2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 40
  • blkgauffre5.jpg
    blkgauffre5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 31
I love the one you have pictured. I have one in black leather, it's lightweight, easy to wear and easy to use. Plus it seems to be a pretty tough bag, even though the leather is so very soft!

Here're a couple pics of my hubby modeling it.
Nice pic, lol!!! What a good hubby you have.
I think I'm leaning towards the tote. What do you all think of the blue?

Nice pic, lol!!! What a good hubby you have.
I think I'm leaning towards the tote. What do you all think of the blue?

LOL He's quite happy to model because he thinks this always means I'm SELLING! HAHAHAHA

Anyway, I like the blue. It's a nice neutral.

I sooooo am digging that blue! I almost bought one but my Prada SA didn't have any in stock at the time so I wimped out in ordering one. I wish I would have.

I guess it depends on if you like more of a n/s or e/w tote. I just love that blue though!!

I'm not so sure how the e/w look like, is it the smaller one but wider?

I've got the black nylon one just as you pictured but a little longer (bigger) as it has 4.25 sections <-- don't know how to call it vs. the 3.25 illustrated in the blue tote. I guess mine is called the shopper if I'm not mistaken.

I personally go for a bigger bag. It depends on what you need to carry every day. As I don't know how big the e/w one is, I couldn't really comment on that. For me, as living in Hong Kong, I guess it's similar to NY where we'll always take subways or public transport, the funcationality of the bag is more important than how it looks. I get the nylon cos we do have heavy rain in the summer season and I don't want it to go bad.

Plus, it does hold a lot. I put A4 files, wallet, coin bag, key holder, iPod, cles for misc., cell phone, cosmetics pouch, another pouch for misc items, short umbrella, a light jacket, and an occasional book / NDS.... it's pretty stuffed up but won't be too bulky, it can still maintain the shape of the bag. If you've got round about the same thing I get... prob the one in the picture is a little small for you.

The blue that you've featured is gorgeous, but i wouldn't go for it cos i don't like the gold hardware

I have the blue tote you posted and an e/w in another color. If you were to make me choose between the two, I wouldn't! I love love love both styles. I think the blue tote is great for casual wear (aka jeans), while the e/w is more 'dressy' casual. It really depends on what your normal style and preference is.

The blue tote will definitely hold twice as much as the e/w. So if you're the type to load your bags, then I would go for the blue tote. However, if you normally pack light, then I suggest the e/w because you would get more versatility out of it.

I think the best option is to wait for a sale - like the end of season sale coming up (also bluefly has the blue tote once in a while and Saks just recently had it at 30% off), and GET BOTH!

Good luck!

I would go with the E/W. IMO, the Gauffre's gathered detailing looks phenomenally better on the E/W style. It looks great on the tote too, but IMO just looks better on the E/W

I would go with the E/W. IMO, the Gauffre's gathered detailing looks phenomenally better on the E/W style. It looks great on the tote too, but IMO just looks better on the E/W

^ITA...well said girlfriend as usual!!!! There truly is a difference in how the leather looks..I have both styles in leather and LOVE both..but IMO the e/w is a classier bag..Good luck w/ your decision!!:flowers: