I would have never guessed, but my favorite bag of the moment is....

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
My vinyl rock bag. OMG, I love it. I feel hip and cool carrying it. It is perfect for the spring summer (and really all year round). And it is the most comfortable bag I've ever owned. And guess what else? It is the bag in my entire collection (including my reissues, Hermes bags including birkins) that gets the most compliments. I have been stopped ever day by at least one person complimenting my bag.
When I first heard about Chanel and vinyl, I must admit, I thought "ewww!" Boy has my mindset changed. I have to stop myself from buying one from the current season.

So have you had such surprises?

i hear ya rockerchic... when i first know about the biarritz i said eeewwww nylon?
but it grows on me and i bought the duffle bag, i got may compliments on the bag.
it's huge and such a helpful for short travel

MC distressed e/w tote bag! Well done on that choice lol. At first, I tried it in the boutique - Mom and I passed on it mainly because of the large size and perhaps the bag was over stuffed then so it looked really huge. After seeing it on a few tpfers and Celia (irl lol), I knew I had to get it! Now it's my everyday bag and perfect for school!

My vinyl rock bag. OMG, I love it. I feel hip and cool carrying it. It is perfect for the spring summer (and really all year round). And it is the most comfortable bag I've ever owned. And guess what else? It is the bag in my entire collection (including my reissues, Hermes bags including birkins) that gets the most compliments. I have been stopped ever day by at least one person complimenting my bag.
When I first heard about Chanel and vinyl, I must admit, I thought "ewww!" Boy has my mindset changed. I have to stop myself from buying one from the current season.

So have you had such surprises?

Do you have pics? Is it the rock and chain bag?

I passed on this bag when I first saw it, but then found myself hankering after a large one after seeing it on a couple of people IRL. Looks like the perfect to go bag. Sadly it was all sold out by then :crybaby:. Many congrats on yours Rockerchic!:wlae:

Biondina, the Rock & Chain is a different ligne made of leather as opposed to vinyl.

Stacy, that's the exact one I want! It's very hard to find now:blah:
Is it ridiculously light and worry-free?

I vote for the Rock Flap too! It is the perfect size and shape (I have the medium one like you). I remember when I first saw the smaller size IRL at Neiman's, I thought it was too "squishie" and just wasn't sure about it.....then I saw pics of the medium in the catalogue and decided to order it, and boy am I glad I did...it's really a keeper!:heart::heart::heart: ;)

For me, it was the brown expandable flap! I am so NOT a flap girl, but I absolutely adore the expandable flap - so roomy and functional, yet still classic Chanel. I have a cream one on the way!

I love mine too! It's such a great bag. I also love the PB tote. I wasn't interested in it at all until I saw it IRL. Amazingly, that bag gets a lot of bag-stalking whenever I carry it:smile:

Biondina, the Rock & Chain is a different ligne made of leather as opposed to vinyl.

Stacy, that's the exact one I want! It's very hard to find now:blah:
Is it ridiculously light and worry-free?

Swanky, it is so light! And absolutely worry-free:smile: Perfect, perfect! It is even lighter than my lightest Balenciage:yes: