Love my fairy bag but worried still...

*koko*

Jul 19, 2007
Hi
I brought my fairy bag in Selfridges London two weeks ago.
Love it but I was advised that as it was a special bag etc to keep it away from heavy rain - as two bags had been returned.
I knew about the problems beforehand from you guys - thanks!
Still went ahead and brought it - been on the usual waiting list - but the SA did not know if the future fairy bags would be any different - as in weather protected.
Anyone here with any updates?
I love my bag but obviously would swop it if a more suitable one for our weather came about, but if that is not going to happen I am just gonna have to be real careful...
PS
At moment weather very changeable and been too scared to take it out!:heart:

Another tPF'er got her Fairy Bag siliconed :smile: Which I think is GENIUS! Can't remember who, but if you search you can probably find it (silicone is in the title!) It will probably make you feel more comfortable with using it

I so understand how you feel...i got mine at Prada Hawaii, where the weather is rainy too, and the SAs there said they have actually had no problems! i spoke with about 5 of them :nuts: But because of all the drama and worry, and the fact that the first one i bought from Saks here bled, and i returned it, this time i paid $40 to have my baby silicone sprayed for protection. She is not and will never be an everyday bag, but now i just use normal caution (well, perhaps a tad more! :P) but i dont excessively worry and pretty much feel confident that there won't be any issues with her. No problems so far!

just get yours protected....at least you wont feel like you can't carry her!!!! :flowers:

PS thanks Marose honey, i just noticed your post..........

purse-onality, I am considering doing this too since a blue top I had transferred some colour to my tote :S!!! I was so concentrated on protecting it from the rain that I totally forgot about color transfer! :Push: Just reminded me how delicate this bag is!

Hi - thanks for all the helpful messages re sealing!
Anyone in the UK know where to get my fairy sealed? Any one tried?
I went back to Selfridges but they did not seem to approve of sealing.
They said again that it was a delicate hand painted bag to keep it out of the rain and away from dark jeans. (I know, I know...)
I also in the past got a blue transfer onto my white chloe bag.
They also said that it was very limited edition and there would be no more - as in ones with a better sealant.
So congrats to you all who sealed your bags successfully!

ummm... my fairy has "healed" itself...! remember the colour transfer I talked about earlier? well, I decided to take my bag out today, so I took it out of it's dustbag and upon inspection realized it was back to normal again! no blue marks AT ALL!! :wtf: straaange...! but I'm not complaining! so happy =)!

Hi - thanks for all the helpful messages re sealing!
Anyone in the UK know where to get my fairy sealed? Any one tried?
I went back to Selfridges but they did not seem to approve of sealing.
They said again that it was a delicate hand painted bag to keep it out of the rain and away from dark jeans. (I know, I know...)
I also in the past got a blue transfer onto my white chloe bag.
They also said that it was very limited edition and there would be no more - as in ones with a better sealant.
So congrats to you all who sealed your bags successfully!

I asked a guy in Harrods about sealing the bag but he said he couldn't recommend anywhere... he told me to try scotchguard but he said it in a way that screamed "it could go wrong! it could go wrong!! DON'T TOUCH THAT PRECIOUS BAG!!!!"...
I might give sealing a try if I go to the US anytime soon :smile:

Erm.... I think my fairy bag is bleeding.................... but seems to be just on one panel.... little bleed marks across the whole panel.... n one teeny smudge/blotch mark.

I've been super careful with it, so its definitely not coz I chucked it around or anything. It was raining one day and I actually got wet whilst the fairy was snuggled happily in a plastic bag I put in the bag for "wet weather".

In any case, if I got it wet or anything, the bleeding shouldn't only occur on one panel. Its really weird... I will take some pictures n confirm with U gals before taking it back in. All I've got now is a pic of the smudge, but the resolution is pretty bad.... will try to get a better pic soon. The care card actually states any "veining" is a natural and unique characteristic of the bag.
Lemme know what U all think!

For SGD 3,000+, it shouldn't be THAT fragile... Its teetering on the verge of being impractical! I actually feel stressed bringing the bag out sometimes!!! I don't even bring the bag into the toilet. Besides, the care card doesn't say anything about keeping the bag out of rain...just from extreme heat and dampness n sunlight... etc.... but I live in very humid weather so its not something I can control..!

Attachments

• DSC00169.JPG
    DSC00169.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 119
Hi pinkie19

I think if it happened to my bag I would take it back to where I brought it for some advice, especially as it seems you have been so careful!

I have also emailed Prada customer services to ask about the bleeding problems and advice re sealing.

I absolutely agree about the impractical side to the bag - in that having to avoid any wet surfaces in cafes. bars etc besides unexpected showers etc.

Still think its a beautiful bag though!

Erm.... I think my fairy bag is bleeding.................... but seems to be just on one panel.... little bleed marks across the whole panel.... n one teeny smudge/blotch mark.

I've been super careful with it, so its definitely not coz I chucked it around or anything. It was raining one day and I actually got wet whilst the fairy was snuggled happily in a plastic bag I put in the bag for "wet weather".

In any case, if I got it wet or anything, the bleeding shouldn't only occur on one panel. Its really weird... I will take some pictures n confirm with U gals before taking it back in. All I've got now is a pic of the smudge, but the resolution is pretty bad.... will try to get a better pic soon. The care card actually states any "veining" is a natural and unique characteristic of the bag.
Lemme know what U all think!

For SGD 3,000+, it shouldn't be THAT fragile... Its teetering on the verge of being impractical! I actually feel stressed bringing the bag out sometimes!!! I don't even bring the bag into the toilet. Besides, the care card doesn't say anything about keeping the bag out of rain...just from extreme heat and dampness n sunlight... etc.... but I live in very humid weather so its not something I can control..!

Thats what happened to me too. Mine was purchased in Feb and returned within days. I felt that i was being so careful that it was just too stressful .... also, if this happened so quickly what would the bag look like if in a few monthes?

Keep an eye on it!