MPRS has not sent me the correct bag

nickkyvintage

Bag Pervert!
O.G.
Feb 25, 2006
I purchased a Papillon 30 from a very good MPRS which i have used a few times. when the bag arrived i was so overjoyed i loved it!

However i havent used it much so have decided to sell. Looking back through my paperwork and the original listing i have discoverd that the date codes are diffrent and it stated i would recive the original dustbag which i didnt.

I have emailed them asking why this happend, and admiting i should have reported it earlier, but did not notice until i was inspecting to sell.

Would anybody be able to suggest a resolution for this? i dont particularly have any needs i just to make them aware that they made a mistake and in effect owe me a dustbag.

Help!

i purchased it in February 2008, it was purely because i was so happy with the bag when i got it the thought never crossed my mind to check it was the right one.

The trouble is im selling it now and the buyer has asked to see the original listing, so i have sent them a link. The pictures are no longer there as the listing is old, and obviously it says it has a dustbag which i dont have. I dont want them to accuse me of keeping something i never had in the first place.

It is authentic, i have owned plenty of LV to know this. I have 100% trust in this seller, they have sold a few items via consigment through them. I have no doubts over the authenticity. Its just that i have sent the new buyer a link to the original listing and they will think i am lieing, which im not! Its the MPRS mistake :sad:

Maybe you should email the seller and ask them to send you the dustbag,it is worth a try. You will probably be able to sell it without the dustbag as long as "no dustbag " is stated in your auction. Did you state in the auction that the dustbag is included?

yes i did say that there was no dustbag, but im worried the buyer will think im spliting up the set, which im not! I think im overly worried about the buyer taking the original listing as gospel.

Your very welcome, I would not be to worried ,if the buyer asks about the dustbag again just tell them the truth that it was never sent to you. I really don't think it is that big a deal. Good luck!!

Thank you :smile: i have contacted both the original seller and the buyer and asked for the seller to reassure my buyer that it was their mistake. I feel that i will loose this sale due to the MPRS mistake, therefore costing me listing fees which i am not happy about

I am considering asking them to sell the bag for me as i will probably loose my buyer now, but not take any consigment fee as they have made a mistake.

Fortunatly my buyer is very understanding and has stuck by me. The original seller has emailed them and confirmed that the incorrect bag has been sent, phew its all sorted!!

This is the buyers first LV and i want to make sure she is 100% happy with her bag, we all have a first time! x

Fortunatly my buyer is very understanding and has stuck by me. The original seller has emailed them and confirmed that the incorrect bag has been sent, phew its all sorted!!

This is the buyers first LV and i want to make sure she is 100% happy with her bag, we all have a first time! x

I think that is so nice of you, that you honestly care that the buyer has a great first LV. Its so rare to see a seller that cares.

When I sold an informal wedding dress that was too small, a wonderful girl from France bought it, and I honestly went out of my way to make sure everything was perfect for her, because she was going to be using it in her wedding. I even absorbed the extra cost of posting it express mail to make sure that it got to France in enough time for her to get it altered before her wedding. She was so appreciative, and it really made it worth it to sell to her.

You just dont see sellers that care anymore.

I think that is so nice of you, that you honestly care that the buyer has a great first LV. Its so rare to see a seller that cares.

When I sold an informal wedding dress that was too small, a wonderful girl from France bought it, and I honestly went out of my way to make sure everything was perfect for her, because she was going to be using it in her wedding. I even absorbed the extra cost of posting it express mail to make sure that it got to France in enough time for her to get it altered before her wedding. She was so appreciative, and it really made it worth it to sell to her.

You just dont see sellers that care anymore.

I totally agree!!! When i sold items before on ebay i never really took much care over the postage. Now that im selling my LV and some other designer things i go out of my way to make sure its packed in beautiful tissue paper and wrapped so neatly. I love getting presents in the post! it makes you so much happier with your purchase when it arrives in a really nicely linned box