Statement Watches.... What statement am I making...?

pmptrading

Apr 17, 2008
Hello,
Just need some honest advice from you all....

I have heard the term "statement watch" used to describe expensive watches.... The question is - "What statement am I making?"

I wear a Rolex Ladies President with diamond dial and diamond bezel.... WHAT STATEMENT AM I MAKING? What hidden things am I telling the world?

I also wear a Cartier Mini Diablo watch in 18K yellow gold.... What statement is this watch making?

CONCERNED.

Attachments

• watchsm.JPG
    watchsm.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 294
  • wboxsm.JPG
    wboxsm.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 226
I think it depends on your life, where you live, what pple wear around you, what are you working with, what other jewellery you wear....
In some countries/cities can look very average, in some others too flashy...

Last edited:
I think both of those watches make the same statement: You are a woman who enjoys a recognizable designer brand and prefers a classic timepiece both in looks and size.

I love watches and enjoy seeing what other people have. You have a very impressive collection.

Hello,
Just need some honest advice from you all....

I have heard the term "statement watch" used to describe expensive watches.... The question is - "What statement am I making?"

I wear a Rolex Ladies President with diamond dial and diamond bezel.... WHAT STATEMENT AM I MAKING? What hidden things am I telling the world?

I also wear a Cartier Mini Diablo watch in 18K yellow gold.... What statement is this watch making?

CONCERNED.

That you are well off financially? I actually don't know what other statements watches make, other than stating the time, of course.

Actually YOU are the one making the statement by telling us in every post about your Rolex President diamond blah blah blah.

I'd say it's saying, "Look at me! PLEASE!!"

I don't know if you're trolling for comments or just very insecure, but is there a reason you're so . . . well, seemingly insecure about how you appear to others? If you like what you have, just ENJOY THEM. Why are you so concerned about what every piece is saying? I understand the curiousity to a point, but the "statement" you're making on this forum is that very . . . needy.

I don't know if you're trolling for comments or just very insecure, but is there a reason you're so . . . well, seemingly insecure about how you appear to others? If you like what you have, just ENJOY THEM. Why are you so concerned about what every piece is saying? I understand the curiousity to a point, but the "statement" you're making on this forum is that very . . . needy.

Ditto - I agree with you totally.

is my diamond big enough? what does my watch say about me?

there is a theme to your posts.

enjoy what you have...why worry about what others think? you sound extremely insecure.

That you are well off financially? I actually don't know what other statements watches make, other than stating the time, of course.

I agree... I don't really think of watches as a statement either. They can express something about you- like a diving watch, funky plastic watches, whatever, but w/ a very pricey watch, I guess it says you like nice things and have money. Why are you so concerned? Just enjoy your watch!

I think the concept of a watch being a 'statement watch' is another marketing ploy that appeals to people's egos. It's supposed to imply that the watch is somehow special and says something positive about the wearer, when in fact it does not. All it means is "I like this watch and spent X number of dollars on it". If it's a pricey watch, that does not translate in to "I am rich". I've seen many people prioritize one or two items that are not indicative of their overall financial means. For instance, years ago I knew someone who drove a Ferrari, and the car cost more than his house.

But based on your threads (and your husband's threads) I agree with Chinadoll that you appear very needy and desperate to give others the image of having more money than you have. Having a few nice things never works to that end, it's the overall picture people see. It's a shame to try to define yourself through the things you own/wear.