Travel St. John US Virgin Islands

I only stopped on St. Johns long enough for the Customs officials to process us on our way to Tortola.

The boat ride from Red Hook, St. Thomas had the most gorgeous scenery. That was years ago, but I don't think St. Johns has been built up much. I never hear of any shopping or huge hotels there so I hope you'll have a quiet trip.

i was there when i was really young, back in 1992 :lol:
it was beautiful, i remember there were a lot of wild donkeys that would walk around some of the beaches and that the beaches were good, and sweets were expensive (but my parents say vodka was cheap i think). we have the most hilarious video of my dad talking on a rented mobile phone, very modern in those days but he had to carry a battery pack bigger than the phone itself around when he was talking :roflmfao:

i don't imagine it would've been built up much, i think it's a conservation area.

St John is a wonderful and refreshing change to the crowded streets of St. Thomas. Lovely little restaurants, like Morgans Mango in Cruz Bay, and some wonderful little boutique shopping as well, plus the worlds most beautiful beaches like Honeymoon bay and Caneel Bay. You'll love it and never want to leave, and that's from someone who spends a good amount of time on St Croix, which itself is completely different from the other two islands. :smile:

There's not much to do in St. John, so hopefully you're staying in a nice hotel. There's only 2 or 3 big hotels in St. John. We went to Westin and that was a beautiful hotel. It's a very quaint island and very slow-paced compared to St. Thomas.

we're staying at the westin....my main goal is to chill on the beach and go snorkeling
My friends went there for a week last November. They said it was their ultimate vacation and that the staff at the Westin provided excellent service. They really enjoyed their time there. They took a day trip to The Baths in the BVI's for a day and liked that too, but said it was pretty crowded the day they went.