Authentic designers from China?

blinchik

Oct 13, 2007
What are your thoughts on all those sellers that sell '100% authentic' European designers and ship them from China? As far as I know items coming from China , Thailand,etc. are all fakes, but there are so many ebay sellers claiming authenticity with over 1K in feedback. I am thinking of buying several cop copine items, but I am a bit sceptical.

I have no doubt that ALL THE ITEMS ARE FAKE ship from China, Hongkong etc..i think seller claiming authenticity for marketing however it has to be a very good quality fake.. Many people who not a tpf member don't know what the difference of fake and authentic that's why sellers are still in business!!:tdown: For me, better safe then sorry i will never buy a high end handbag ship from those country..!!

"China" = fake, low quality, no expiration, etc... and the list goes on... but you can't avoid all of their goods, so just avoid them as much as you can...

It's the period every country has to go thru to, not that I have stereotype or whatever...

A lot of the major designers have opened up shop(s) in China, BUT of course they're also the country of choice for fakes. Since the fakes outnumber the real items, I'd lean toward any item being a fake and not purchase.

If the seller is advertising multiple brand new bags, all authentic, then I would be suspicious that the bags are fake, regardless where the seller is located. Specifically from an Asian country, no. There is a huge luxury market in Asia. LV has 15 stores in China (from Louisvuitton.com), not counting the 2 in Hong Kong. I know of at least one Hong Kong ebay seller who is an active member of this forum. I purchased my LV from a Hong Kong seller, authenticated by Caroldiva. You should ALWAYS be careful, no matter where the seller is.

I can't comment about China but about Hong Kong resellers, eBay's sellers ID: let-trade, authentic_lvlady, lvlady99 etc are legit :tup: They're selling LV, Chanel, Balenciaga and Hermes

There're some ( I think 2 or 3 ) resellers from Thailand and they're selling authentic.

It's better if we review their feedbacks, check the pictures etc :smile:

I can't comment about China but about Hong Kong resellers, eBay's sellers ID: let-trade, authentic_lvlady, lvlady99 etc are legit :tup: They're selling LV, Chanel, Balenciaga and Hermes

There're some ( I think 2 or 3 ) resellers from Thailand and they're selling authentic.

It's better if we review their feedbacks, check the pictures etc :smile:
i agree with lv godiva..there are hongkong sellers who are legit :smile:

even japan, singapore and thailand :biggrin:

Yes, generally Hong Kong won't raise a red flag because there's a lot of high end designer stores and customers there. Also Isabella Fiore makes her bags in China...although I doubt they would be distributed from there!

It would be unfair to stereotype any designer label originating from Asia is a fake just because China is the largest country in Asia. You had better be careful when making public generalizations such as these, or tpf members from Asia will find you being offensive to the point of being racist. I agree with b3stbuy that there are legit sellers in Asia.

The REAL reasons to be concerned about when buying items stated as originals which may be misrepresented just because they originate from any country not just Asia, is the country's regulations and tolerance for copies. For the record China, Vietnam, Thailand, and South Korea do not regulate the sale of fakes, as in you can shop at the city's major shopping mall and end up buying fakes. My boss accidentally bought a fake Bree from a department store in Busan, Korea! In Korea the prices and workmanship of fakes are identical to originals, they make great copies down to the hologram to serial number, to dustbag and paperbag packaging. Conversely in countries like Singapore and Hong Kong, you can't get fake designer brands in department stores, they are banned. However subways below ground level may have makeshift illegal "stores" where sellers brazenly display fake items on a big sheet of cloth on the ground, so they can make a quick escape when the police come for them. This doesn't stop them from selling online where it's harder to detect.

I'm pretty sure you can find fakes anywhere in the world. I have seen them in public markets in New York! I have purchased fakes from ebay sellers based in US who claim the items were original on their ads! :cursing: To answer OP's question, your guess is as good as mine.

I recently bought a S/S '04 Chloe Mesh Clutch from a seller in Hong Kong and I'm pretty sure it's authentic (I have two NAP-bought Chloe bags from that season and two from the same mesh line [again, NAP-bought] and it measures up).

It arrived with a loose tile and three blank tiles (it has a banana print on the mesh), that weren't mentioned in the description, but you get that sort of omission from sellers everywhere, so that's another story...

Of course, Hong Kong used to be a British colony, so there are long-established designer boutiques there, so it is a little different from the Chinese mainland, which, I believe, is more of an emerging market.

I'm not saying, for one moment, that HK is always safe, though, of course (or that the Chinese mainland is always unsafe) and I admit that this is only the second time I have purchased from there, as I am a little wary.

It's not, in any way, a question of prejudice, or racism, on my part, it's just that it would be foolish to not be wary, when purchasing from the country that manufactures most of the fakes on the market.

Of course, many of the fake sellers set up accounts on Western eBay sites, so it's not as simple as just avoiding Chinese sellers.

It would be unfair to stereotype any designer label originating from Asia is a fake just because China is the largest country in Asia. You had better be careful when making public generalizations such as these, or tpf members from Asia will find you being offensive to the point of being racist. I agree with b3stbuy that there are legit sellers in Asia.

The REAL reasons to be concerned about when buying items stated as originals which may be misrepresented just because they originate from any country not just Asia, is the country's regulations and tolerance for copies. For the record China, Vietnam, Thailand, and South Korea do not regulate the sale of fakes, as in you can shop at the city's major shopping mall and end up buying fakes. My boss accidentally bought a fake Bree from a department store in Busan, Korea! In Korea the prices and workmanship of fakes are identical to originals, they make great copies down to the hologram to serial number, to dustbag and paperbag packaging. Conversely in countries like Singapore and Hong Kong, you can't get fake designer brands in department stores, they are banned. However subways below ground level may have makeshift illegal "stores" where sellers brazenly display fake items on a big sheet of cloth on the ground, so they can make a quick escape when the police come for them. This doesn't stop them from selling online where it's harder to detect.

I'm pretty sure you can find fakes anywhere in the world. I have seen them in public markets in New York! I have purchased fakes from ebay sellers based in US who claim the items were original on their ads! :cursing: To answer OP's question, your guess is as good as mine.

ITA. I really dislike generalizations and this is one that may be unfair to sellers that are located in China and Hong Kong that do sell authentic items.

I have to disagree with some of the posters above. It is not true that "China or Asia = fakes". There are also LV, Hermes, Marc Jacobs, etc. boutiques in China. I lived in China for a couple of years and there are people who can afford it. I understand that people are skeptical about designer items shipping from Asia and it's sad that buyers are being rip off on eBay. If a seller who does wholesale then it's fishy. However, I think it's unfair to stereotype.

I agree.

Although there is some degree of truth to the fact that China manufactures many counterfeits, even Italy and European countries manufacture counterfeits and are huge importer and exporters of these goods.

I think the more accurate and fair thing to say is that counterfeiting is a worldwide issue and you can never be safe anywhere.

The only thing we can do as buyers is to do our research on the product we are buying and try to do everything to protect ourselves, no matter where the seller is located.