Good news/Bad news re: my 1st Botkier--Sasha Mini

Brandless

O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I've taken the plunge and ordered the Botkier Sasha Mini in pink and it just arrived. I'm attaching modeling pics. It would have been the perfect bag for me--just the right size and very soft and supple. Unfortunately, it only suits me when I tried it on as a satchel. Once I turned it into the hobo bag and carried it over the shoulder, it felt uncomfortably bulky under my arms. The short handles (for the satchel) kept poking me and I could not figure out a good way to arrange it without it being in the way. The unstructured appearance it takes on when carried as a hobo just bothers me. I could not always use it as a satchel as that would be inconvenient during grocery shopping and the like. I prefer a slimmer bag under my shoulders. I really had to think hard before deciding it was not for me. I felt sad letting it go. The color was gorgeous and the hardware was so pretty. I've never felt leather like this. If only it wasn't so expensive (this is my first over $500 bag), I'd keep it and use it as a satchel and then get another bag for shoulder use.

Anyway, thought I'd share some pictures for those who are interested in ordering it. For reference I'm only 4'11 1/2" and 96 lbs so the mini is not small for me, it's the perfect size. When I compared it to my Coach 07 legacy shoulder bag, they were just about the same size except the Coach was stiffer so it looked bigger.

Attachments

• Botkier1.JPG
    Botkier1.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Botkier2.JPG
    Botkier2.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 377
  • botkier3.JPG
    botkier3.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 323
  • botkier4.JPG
    botkier4.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 266
You're welcome! You know, people will probably call me crazy but after returning the bag which I bought at full price, I felt so much remorse because even if it bothered me as a hobo, it was perfect as a satchel and after one of the lovely tpfers here posted a 20% discount code at Botkier.com, I decided to buy it again! This same situation has happened to me before (but with Coach bags). I'd buy something online, return it, regret it, buy it again. Really if I add the shipping costs I spent returning and reordering, I could probably buy a nice leather wallet or small accessory with it:tdown:Anyway, I've decided to just use the bag I reordered as a satchel. This will give me a valid reason to buy another different bag for shoulder use:tup:

brandless, i've done the same thing before. returners' remorse ...is that what they call it? anyway, i got mine in this wk (in black patent) and LOVE it. wow! it holds so much for its size. you might try moving the bag so the body of the bag sits behind your arm or shoulder. i do that with mine and it's comfortable with the long strap. yaya!! glad you are getting it again. you will love it!!

brandless, i've done the same thing before. returners' remorse ...is that what they call it? anyway, i got mine in this wk (in black patent) and LOVE it. wow! it holds so much for its size. you might try moving the bag so the body of the bag sits behind your arm or shoulder. i do that with mine and it's comfortable with the long strap. yaya!! glad you are getting it again. you will love it!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I'll definitely try your tip when I get the bag. I also want to see if I can get away with carrying it as a shoulder bag in the satchel form. Maybe if I don't fill the bag up, the handle drop might be spacious enough. The black patent is gorgeous, glad you are loving it!

You're welcome! You know, people will probably call me crazy but after returning the bag which I bought at full price, I felt so much remorse because even if it bothered me as a hobo, it was perfect as a satchel and after one of the lovely tpfers here posted a 20% discount code at Botkier.com, I decided to buy it again! This same situation has happened to me before (but with Coach bags). I'd buy something online, return it, regret it, buy it again. Really if I add the shipping costs I spent returning and reordering, I could probably buy a nice leather wallet or small accessory with it:tdown:Anyway, I've decided to just use the bag I reordered as a satchel. This will give me a valid reason to buy another different bag for shoulder use:tup:

:roflmfao: I love this! No, you are not alone in doing this. Yes, you are wasting money in shipping costs (but I've done the same!). I'm glad you decided to give it another go. The bag looks great on you. I'm still checking out the bag in every store I find one. The handles are really stiff to move. They seem to "click" into place when I put them fully up or down. I did not notice them digging into me at all. Post more pics when you get the new one! :yes:

I have the same bag and I wear them as Hobo more often than satchel.
I flip the handles all the way down on both sides so they won't get in the way. (This way, they are completely out of the way.)
I hope I'm making sense here. I will try to take a piture to show you how I wear it later.

:roflmfao: I love this! No, you are not alone in doing this. Yes, you are wasting money in shipping costs (but I've done the same!). I'm glad you decided to give it another go. The bag looks great on you. I'm still checking out the bag in every store I find one. The handles are really stiff to move. They seem to "click" into place when I put them fully up or down. I did not notice them digging into me at all. Post more pics when you get the new one! :yes:

I'll try what Max the Cat suggested and will post more pics.:drool:

Here are the pictures I promised;).
You can see I flipped the handles all the way down on the side.
I carry like this and handles do not bother me at all and I think it's very confortable to carry as Hobo.
Please try when you get the new one and I'm sure you will love it!

Attachments

• DSC01529.JPG
    DSC01529.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC01530.JPG
    DSC01530.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC01531.JPG
    DSC01531.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 262