Thoughts on LV Abbesses Messanger bag please...

atsnowflake

Jan 19, 2008
Hey,
I have been a member for awhile, but had yet to post until now. I am headed to Germany for the month of May to visit family and introduce them to my new finance. But apart from that I am also dropping by my beloved Mazamilliam Strasse in Munchen (think Fifth Avenue in NY)... I am insterested in a couple of LV bags tha I have already decided to get, but I was wondering if any of you have opinions on LV's Abbesses messanger bag?

I am asking because I have heard mixed reviews about it...and I noticed that many of you have one (from the pictures in the post your collection section).

I was told before that it is not advisable to carry a laptop in the messanger bag, since that is not what it was designed for, which I can appriciate... but I was wondering things like, how much can you actually carry in it, how long does it keep it's shape?

here is a link to a picture of it... wish hey would have advertised it with a women, I mean I have only once seen a man carrying one, but I have seen several women carrying one... http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettforbes/2221806981/

Thank you so much for your comments and opinions:heart::yes::flowers:

Hey,
I have been a member for awhile, but had yet to post until now. I am headed to Germany for the month of May to visit family and introduce them to my new finance. But apart from that I am also dropping by my beloved Mazamilliam Strasse in Munchen (think Fifth Avenue in NY)... I am insterested in a couple of LV bags tha I have already decided to get, but I was wondering if any of you have opinions on LV's Abbesses messanger bag?

I am asking because I have heard mixed reviews about it...and I noticed that many of you have one (from the pictures in the post your collection section).

I was told before that it is not advisable to carry a laptop in the messanger bag, since that is not what it was designed for, which I can appriciate... but I was wondering things like, how much can you actually carry in it, how long does it keep it's shape?

here is a link to a picture of it... wish hey would have advertised it with a women, I mean I have only once seen a man carrying one, but I have seen several women carrying one... http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettforbes/2221806981/

Thank you so much for your comments and opinions:heart::yes::flowers:

Hi there! Im also new to TPF! I'm a guy and the abbesses messenger is my only LV messenger bag. I'm not sure if you already seen my thread on the Abbesses before. I'm not a huge fan of mine because I no longer like carrying messenger bags, i'm starting to rather carrying a tote bag in my hand now. It's a great bag for keeping it's shape! No problem there! :tup:

Thank you. I just checked out your thread on the messanger. Very informative. Defenatly will double think buying it. Think I will try it on at the store and see what it's like for opening and walking with.
Thank you very much!
.at:smile:

Thank you. I just checked out your thread on the messanger. Very informative. Defenatly will double think buying it. Think I will try it on at the store and see what it's like for opening and walking with.
Thank you very much!
.at:smile:

Your most welcome! I find that whens its not full... the bag kind of bends around my hip. It's hard to explain but i'm sure you will know what i mean when you try it on in the store :tup::yes:

I think that the Abbesses is a great messenger and holds a sleeved laptop well. However, the strap is very sensitive to wear. I hope they decide to re-design the bag with a higher quality strap and better enclosure. I do not use my Abbesses often, once in a blue moon actually. I find that it is on par with the Speedy when it comes to the number of fakes. I would say that it is the most common knock-off that I see guys carrying, Especially in NYC.

My two favorite bags for carrying laptops are, the Soft Briefcase and the Sac Bosphore.

I have an Apple MacBook Air, which I use the Sac Bosphore for.

I have a 17inch MacBook Pro, which I use the Sac Bosphore for.

I also have a 15inch MacBook Pro, which I use a Glace Elvin briefcase for. This briefcase is very sensitive to moisture and is prone to scratches - So it isn't used too often.