What bag to buy.........in Hawaii!

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
DH finally admitted that he will buy me a bag while we are in Hawaii! :yahoo: I am waitlisted for the Watercolor Speedy 30 but since I signed up so late in the game I have a feeling I won't be getting one. :sad: That puts me on the quest for a bright summer bag.

Current collection:
Mono Speedy 30
Cabas Mezzo
Damier Papillon 30
Moka Onatah GM in Cuir
Fuchsia Denim Neo Speedy
That's LVoe 2 Tote MM in Khakis
Amarante Summit Drive
Black Denim XL

What bag would round out my collection? Is there an essential piece I am missing? I tend to carry my whole life in my bags so I prefer large pieces. Handheld or over the shoulder... I switch back and forth so I don't really have a preference.

I was eyeballing the Tahitienne PM in Pink but I already have a fuchsia piece. Since my collection isn't very large I don't really want to double up with similar looking pieces or colors. Then I fell in love with the Pearl Summit Drive which is silly since I already have it in the Amarante. :Push: The Tivoli PM looks gorgeous but it is mono and I am worried about it's capacity. :s That put me onto the Damier Azur Speedy 30 or Saleya PM/MM but I am not a huge fan of Damier and worry that I might not carry it enough. There is always the Epi Speedy 30... I don't have any Epi pieces. But, I have reservations about whether it is too dressy and it's lack of sag.

Clearly I am in desperate need for assistance from tPF! :girlsigh: Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

get the Teal Bonbon!! LOL ... seems like Hawaii has quite a few of them. Otherwise, get the Damier Neverfull !

Thanks Chewy! I can definitely appreciate everyone's love for the Bon Bon but it isn't quite my style. :shame: The Damier Neverfull looks great and I love the fact that it out in Hawaii first....but I seems more to be a fall/winter bag. I was hoping to snag something for use during summer. :sweatdrop:

Although it is not a "bright" summer bag!!! But correct if I am mistaken...you have not black LV? I think that is what you should get...plus you know I love denim!!!:graucho: You already don't wear the Summit drive that you have...that often! And you have the fuschia already.

Maybe the Caba would go better for you

Although it is not a "bright" summer bag!!! But correct if I am mistaken...you have not black LV? I think that is what you should get...plus you know I love denim!!!:graucho: You already don't wear the Summit drive that you have...that often! And you have the fuschia already.

Maybe the Caba would go better for you

I still have my Chanel Black Cambon Bowler and the Black Denim XL..... but I certainly don't have an Ivory piece! :drool: But, it's so much for a Speedy 30. Do you think I can pull it off with how I dress? Is it worth the price?

I def. think that you could pull it off, but make sure your going to feel comfortable or you know that you won't wear it!

I think that the Marina GM is hot!!!

How about Tahitienne PM in beige? I have this and love it! Goes w/everything. I have carried mine quite a bit and haven't had any problem w/color transfer, btw.

Seems to me.. the Tahitienne is the perfect bag to buy while in Hawaii!!!! It is sooo tropical and exotic looking!
It would remind me of Hawaii everytime I took it out! It is sooo pretty in lilac, pink and green.. or even the ever matching beige!!! All four are gorgeous!
That would be my pick! :love:

I def. think that you could pull it off, but make sure your going to feel comfortable or you know that you won't wear it!

I think that the Marina GM is hot!!!

I agree! The Marina GM looks great but the price tag hurts. :Push: I think I want to keep this purchase closer to the $1k mark (or less!).

How about Tahitienne PM in beige? I have this and love it! Goes w/everything. I have carried mine quite a bit and haven't had any problem w/color transfer, btw.

I love the Tahitienne in Beige but I thought it might be too close in color to my That's LVoe 2 tote.

Seems to me.. the Tahitienne is the perfect bag to buy while in Hawaii!!!! It is sooo tropical and exotic looking!
It would remind me of Hawaii everytime I took it out! It is sooo pretty in lilac, pink and green.. or even the ever matching beige!!! All four are gorgeous!
That would be my pick! :love:

I know... it would be perfect! :love: Maybe I need to just get over the whole color issue and just get it. I certainly don't have a lilac colored bag....or a mint one... :graucho: Anyone know what Hawaii LV on Maui has in stock?

Lisa - go for the Tahitienne, you're going to LOVE it. You're welcome to meet up and try mine out for an afternoon, and the shape is nothing like a speedy since both the PM and GM fit over the shoulder. So even in pink it should fill a different niche in your collection. And it is SUCH the perfect vacation/summer bag!

Lisa - go for the Tahitienne, you're going to LOVE it. You're welcome to meet up and try mine out for an afternoon, and the shape is nothing like a speedy since both the PM and GM fit over the shoulder. So even in pink it should fill a different niche in your collection. And it is SUCH the perfect vacation/summer bag!

Queen! I swear you own all the bags I want! :lol: Which color do you have? I am really leaning towards this line since it is limited. I love getting bags you just don't see everywhere. :girlsigh: The fact that there is no vachetta makes me fall in love with it even more! :love:

I've got the purple to match the scarf I was wearing at the meet up. I haven't broken it out yet, I've been waiting for our lovely weather to clear up.

But I'm totally jealous of you going to Hawaii - I went in October, so no HI for me this year.

Why not go for something in epi -- perhaps in a fun new color?

ETA: Oh, now I read down your post more and I see you have reservations about epi -- look at them and give them a try! I LOVE my Madeleine. Now, I want an epi wallet -- even before a mono one, and I have more mono. I think you might really like epi if you give it a try.

I've got the purple to match the scarf I was wearing at the meet up. I haven't broken it out yet, I've been waiting for our lovely weather to clear up.

But I'm totally jealous of you going to Hawaii - I went in October, so no HI for me this year.

Oh a matching set! :girlsigh: So cute!! We went to Kauai and Oahu in October as well. DH loved it so much he made a point to head out that way for our spring trip. This was a stressful year so far so I am in desperate need of sun and sand. :beach: Now I just need to stop stressing about what bag to get! :lol:

Why not go for something in epi -- perhaps in a fun new color?

I love Epi but am worried about not being able to pull off the look. However, I was complaining to DH the other day about not having a red bag to match my shoes. :angel: