My love for the fine things.....

pmptrading

Apr 17, 2008
Hello All,
I am the poster who asked the question "am I too materialistic..."
Thanks for all your comments.

Some people took my posting the wrong way.....
I AM NOT SUPER RICH..... or on a 6 figure income.....

I am a very middle class person - this is not my first marriage, I make middle class money, drive a new Honda Accord, work for a big US based firm - HALIBURTON subsiduary......

I would say that 90-95% of our collection was purchased on the 2ndary market - USED! ..... this is the reason I posted the retail prices.... not to boast... but to show the deals I did.....

Watches:-
Ladies Rolex President with diamond dial Retail A$22,000 - I paid $7000-
Ladies Cartier Diablo Retail $10,000 - I paid $3000-
Ladies Cartier VLC with Diamonds Retail $10,000 - I paid $2500-
Ladies Audemars Piguet 2 tone Retail $8,000 - I paid $1700-
Ladies 18K Baume & Mercier Retail $7500 - I paid $2000-
Ladies Omega Steel Constellation Retail $2200 - I paid $960-
* All prices in Australia dollars - US$1 = AUS$0.95

I credit this with 1) knowledge 2) buying and selling experience 3) a desire to collect beautiful things.....

Anybody can get a nice collection of very desirable things..... A kelly bag is not out of the question for anyone if they really really want one.....

Or course you need to be careful.... fakes are everywhere..... but with the right dedication.... ANYTHING is possible....

My wife's president is a lovely example of buying SMART.... it is used but in 90-95% condition.... it is a classic.... TIMELESS! ... it really will not date..... but it is from the late 80s.....

Please don't think you need to be super rich to acquire the FINER THINGS.....

Attachments

• dia10a.JPG
    dia10a.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 145
  • diamond1a.jpg
    diamond1a.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 118
  • diamond2a.jpg
    diamond2a.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 109
  • diamond3a.JPG
    diamond3a.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 119
  • diamond4b.JPG
    diamond4b.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 124
Hello All,
I am the poster who asked the question "am I too materialistic..."
Thanks for all your comments.

Some people took my posting the wrong way.....
I AM NOT SUPER RICH..... or on a 6 figure income.....

I am a very middle class person - this is not my first marriage, I make middle class money, drive a new Honda Accord, work for a big US based firm - HALIBURTON subsiduary......

Please don't think you need to be super rich to acquire the FINER THINGS.....

I'm sorry. . . I'm confused, here's a quote from you:

Hello,
As a very rich guy who has unlimited funds I think I am best to answer this.....

I'm not sure what your motives are here?:thinking:

Originally Posted by pmptrading
Hello,
As a very rich guy who has unlimited funds I think I am best to answer this.....

I WAS JOKING AROUND WHEN I SAID THIS!!!!
This joke has cost me a lot of cred! SO I WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!!!!

OK

It seems like you are really making an effort to save yourself....so for that I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
As long as you are kind, considerate & respectful in your posts, I will enjoy having you around. :tup:
Of course, this is a jewelry, purse, shoe, wardrobe forum....so we would love to see more pics!

maybe post less about how much you have:shrugs: Your comments has been dignified by a LOT of bragging type posts/threads.

just sayin'

her jewelry is beautiful in any case;)

Originally Posted by pmptrading
Hello,

I WAS JOKING AROUND WHEN I SAID THIS!!!!
This joke has cost me a lot of cred! SO I WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!!!!

OK
If you want to set the record straight, why don't you describe how you came to purchase your current wife's engagement ring. There are a number of Pricescope members who are also members here. I've read your posts in both forums. On PS it was noted that you were posting here. You said you had your reasons. Can you clarify this?

If you want to set the record straight, why don't you describe how you came to purchase your current wife's engagement ring. There are a number of Pricescope members who are also members here. I've read your posts in both forums. On PS it was noted that you were posting here. You said you had your reasons. Can you clarify this?

Hello,
I don't wish to post the details of my wife's current engagement ring.....
Pricescope is a forum for spoilt ladies who like complaining that the 1ct/1.5ct/1.7ct ring they received is smaller than expected....

Personally I find the pricescope forum very snobbish and elitest.... not really my cup of tea.....

Pricescope is really not a friendly environment for me.

Kind regards,

It seems like you are really making an effort to save yourself....so for that I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
As long as you are kind, considerate & respectful in your posts, I will enjoy having you around. :tup:
Of course, this is a jewelry, purse, shoe, wardrobe forum....so we would love to see more pics!

I am also on this boat since it appears that you are trying to make amends at least here on this forum. Please share your secret in getting deals -- especially on watches! Would also love to get a good deal on a secondary Patek (among other watches!)

I guess alot of ppl will get annoyed or bothered by listing of pricing and comments like "unlimited funds". Im just saying that maybe your wording was what got in the way of many understanding where your coming from really..

Anywayz....wonderful pieces of jewlery your wife has....nice deals too!

Hello,
I don't wish to post the details of my wife's current engagement ring.....
Pricescope is a forum for spoilt ladies who like complaining that the 1ct/1.5ct/1.7ct ring they received is smaller than expected....

Personally I find the pricescope forum very snobbish and elitest.... not really my cup of tea.....

Pricescope is really not a friendly environment for me.

Kind regards,

Mod, the OP's post above is far from the truth, offensive and irrelevant to the OP's objective of showcasing his jewelry. I believe he is still trying to vent despite you closing his "Why I left Pricescope post" after his post was deleted from PS. Would you be able to delete it and delete my post here (this post) too?