Revenge feedback...

keya

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
A couple of months back I bought two DVD box sets from a seller on ebay. They never arrived, and a few days ago I got my money back through PayPal, and left negative feedback. When I filed a claim with PP the seller had received 47 negatives in the past month for not shipping items out. Yesterday I received a message from the seller saying that he's taking a break from ebay because of "a few complaints" and that he's "burned out" and "deserves a long vacation", and asking for positive feedback even though he never sent the item. The message also said "If you want to not leave any feedback, I'll understand completely", like he's ruling out the possibility that people have reason to leave him a negative. I also got a request to mutually withdraw from the transaction so that he'd get his fees back, which I refused (hey, I sat here waiting for my DVDs for 8 weeks while he kept ignoring my emails and I had to go through PP to get a refund) Either way, today he gave me retaliatory feedback saying:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana][FONT=Arial, Verdana]"Buyer is from [my location]. I have issued full refund to the buyer. Left negative fbk?"

and a request to mutually withdraw feedback, with a message saying:

"
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I have refunded to you in full amount. Resolved. Agreeing to this, will remove negative feedback and improve your ebay score. With apologies, and God Bless you!"

[/FONT]:weird:
First of all, me being in Europe is hardly an excuse to not send my items out, secondly he didn't refund me, PayPal did!
He's basically threatening me to withdraw the feedback I left (which I wont!) I checked his profile and he has a total of 493 ratings mutually withdrawn, it's obvious that he does this whenever he has an unhappy customer and that lots of people agree to save their own feedback. I can't believe ebay allows this sham!

Luckily I only left him one negative, I still have one left to give, where I will tell him exactly what I think of what he's doing :mad: but then I'm sure he'll give me another negative and my feedback is shot to h*ll.

Excuse the rant, ebay seems to give me more headache than anything as of late. How do I reply to feedback/post a follow up??

:flowers:

that totally sucks and i'm glad you didn't cave in to his harassment!!!!

to respond to feedback go to your ebay and on the left side will be a list of things under MY SUMMARY. go the the MY ACCOUNT section and there is a feedback button and follow the instructions. i think you can also follow up feedback by clicking on the completed auction - there might be an option there...

that totally sucks and i'm glad you didn't cave in to his harassment!!!!

to respond to feedback go to your ebay and on the left side will be a list of things under MY SUMMARY. go the the MY ACCOUNT section and there is a feedback button and follow the instructions. i think you can also follow up feedback by clicking on the completed auction - there might be an option there...

found it, thanks! :flowers:
argh, there's not enough space to say everything i wanted to.

493 WITHDRAWN?!?

Oy. I would just take the hit of the retaliatory FB, because it's apparent that that's what it is to other people. Forget him. Blech.

I will. I refuse to be pressured into letting him get away with it, if I did I'd be part of the reason why feedback on ebay has turned into a joke.

BTW, I love how he threw in the "God Bless you" part.

You should tell him "But I didn't sneeze!"

I wonder what God has to do with him trying to scam people :confused1:

don't worry too much about it. everyone is going to see all his negative feedback and mutual withdrawals and know you are not at fault here. he's only digging his own grave. don't feed into it.

It's still frustrating, though. And he's a powerseller with thousands of feedback ratings, so he has plenty of positive feedback too (especially if he keeps pressuring people into mutually withdraw. When I filed my complaint with PP he had 47 negs in the past month, now he has 39. I don't know if that is because of the time that has gone by or if he's made people withdraw, but I'm thinking it's the latter) I actually had a buyer contact me yesterday about him, complaining about how he never sent out her item (a digital camera) and that he left her negative feedback. It's just annoying that ebay lets people get away with this.

Well just make sure you respond to the feedback he leaves and follow up to YOUR feedback telling people he's a con artist, tell people to look at his withdrawn feedback.

People will pay attention!

I just checked the feedback he's left for others, he's left 56 negatives in the past 10 days, some of them have been mutually withdrawn. When the buyer is in a different country, he starts the neg off by saying "Buyer is in the UK!", "Buyer is in Canada!", like that's an excuse not to send them the stuff they paid for :confused1: This guy is a joke, I hope he's done selling on ebay.

Wow! There should some way to ask ebay to remove his negative feedback as you did NOTHING wrong. I'd try to contact ebay about it. I'm sorry that you're being punished for his scam. Fight it!

haha he is taking a break from ebay..good!...all that commuting to and from his pc must be taking its toll.
I would respond to his feedback simply by stating that his own feedback says it all.

Wow! There should some way to ask ebay to remove his negative feedback as you did NOTHING wrong. I'd try to contact ebay about it. I'm sorry that you're being punished for his scam. Fight it!

I looked up the Feedback abuse and removal policy, it says nothing about ebay being willing to remove negative feedback used to pressure someone into mutually withdraw. So I don't know if there's any point in contacting them? I usually just get an automated response or a cut and paste reply when I try that..

Help your fellow ebayers out here and post his user name so we know to stay away from him!! What a friggin joke.

his user name is sphinxcool.