HELP! My CHLOE Bag Scammer - What Shall I Do?

kittilove

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
hi everyone! i am actually shaking at the moment and this really is unbelievable, i sold this chloe bag on ebay and it was almost $900, and buyer paid into my account (cash) and i sent the bag via next day shipping, the bag arrived yesterday morning (according to Royal Mail) and buyer sent me this email today:

To xxxx

I received your parcel this morning but was unable to open there and then as I had to at work other wise I would have emailed you earlier but I don?t know whether or not you have sent the wrong parcel as when I opened my parcel for my xxxx bag it was not there instead there were some other bags in it along with the Chloe dust bag.
Now I don?t know what is going on here, whether it is a mistake or not, but at this moment in time I don?t have a good feeling about this as I've had bad experiences on before.
I have paid a lot of money of that bag and now when I open my parcel its not there. I don?t take to kindly to this kind of thing as right now I feel like I have been con out of £xxx.xx. So can you please contact me ASAP and let me what has happened to my bag otherwise I will have to report it ebay!!

p.s I am very sorry for being harsh if it is a genuine mistake.

xxxx

she sounds normal, but seriously, she's a scammer. i replied back to her and told her and i always keep photogrphic records of the bag, contents and buyer's info with tracking number and asked her to supply the pictures of what she has received.

i actually do have pictures of the bag with security tags attached and postal label with buyer's namd & address along with tracking number.

what shall i do to scare her off my back - she clearly is a scammer!
the bag was £470 (about $900) and there is no way i would give her back that money and lose the bag.

please, any advise will be much appreciated.

Oh no I really wish this wasnt happening . I have a chloe to sell and it is precisely for this reason I am hesitating. She is a scammer and you must stick to your guns. Tell her you are fully aware of what you sent. You might want to say it was packed at PO with witnesses. How awful. Tell us what pics she sends you...

i've read some similar thread on tpf and sent her another email to inform that i will have royal mail involved on this issue so she needs to work with me in order to claim for an insurance, i've requested to send pictures of the package on a scale showing the weight and the contents inside, and told her that i will take it from there once i received her pictures.

i know this is only the beginning, but i already feel so exhausted and stressed, i can't believe this is happening to me....

Ugh - is there any chance it was actually tampered with at the PO? What was her feedbacK?

Still sounds like a scammer....I am so sorry...

on her email, she didn't mention anything about the package looked already opened or anything. i highly doubt this is a mail fraud. she knows and i know that she's lying! she only has 3 feedbacks 100% (2 x 2007, 1 x 2006) and i have more than 680 feedbacks on ebay 100% positive.

Wow this is very scary!!!! As long as you have the postal info you should be ok because the receipt shows how many pounds you sent. A CHloe handbag is going to weigh more then just a dustbag. Do you still have your postal receipt?

Wow this is very scary!!!! As long as you have the postal info you should be ok because the receipt shows how many pounds you sent. A CHloe handbag is going to weigh more then just a dustbag. Do you still have your postal receipt?

i know! yes, i have my postal receipt and since it is special delivery it is fully covered, i am so so worried...

Take a deep breath and try and calm down. Don't contact her again. Wait for her response on the pics. Good luck and please let us know what's going on.
i agree with you, i won't contact her until i hear from her again with pictures. i wish she never ever contact me again! i don't know what to say to her if she makes silly excuses for not sending the pictures.. i should calm down but i really can't...

I would be freaking out too, hopefully she will not contact you again. Keep us posted!
i will of course keep you updated!
she sent me that email 5am in the morning and what a great way to ruin someone else's day!
the item arrived yestereday morning and why did she have to wait until the next day if what she's claiming is true anyway??

UPDATES:

She actually sent me pictures!! I will post them here.

38f.jpg

725.jpg

5a5.jpg

cb5.jpg

d0b.jpg

f6f.jpg

the box seems very odd as i have never taped all the way to completely cover the base of the box. everything else inside looks right, but the bag is not the one that i've sent! what the hell is that? not just one ugly looking bag, but two?? she maybe tried to matching the weight or something as chloe leather satchel is very heavy itself.

she sent me this email along with pictures:

here are the pictures that you have asked for can you tell what will happens now as i have no product that i have paid for and what concerns me is that i am not covered under eBay protection as i paid directly. i am sure you can understand my concerns as it is a lot of money.
p.s please use this email address.

i've replied back to her saying the the bag shown in the pictures is clearly not the one that i've sent and she needs to send me more clealer pictures of the box (all sides) and shipping label and needs to provide the confirmed information of the package weight.

meanwhile, i've contacted royal mail to get some advise and they said i should make a claim on this. what if she's being honest and this was probably done by a royal mail staff?? anyway, this whole thing is just outrageous and bizzare i am simply stunned!

by the way, this is the bag i sold & sent to her:

ab3.jpg