selling chanel bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

biru

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Has anyone been successfully sell a Chanel bag? I have a classic flap med size that I haven't carried even once and thinking to sell it.

Where would be the place to sell it?

I just sold a few Chanels on Ebay. I gave it to a friend to sell for me (he took 10% of the sale :s.. maybe I should do it myself to make more money). If you go to a consignment store, generally they only give you 50% of the sale price.

I just sold a few Chanels on Ebay. I gave it to a friend to sell for me (he took 10% of the sale :s.. maybe I should do it myself to make more money). If you go to a consignment store, generally they only give you 50% of the sale price.

When you sold it on ebay, have you encountered any problem with the buyer?

I've sold a few on ebay and have never had a problem...just make sure you give lots of pics and don't leave out any details if it is a used bag. Since yours is new you should be good.

I've been trying to sell a couple on ebay and these are the hardest things I've ever sold! Just in the sense that there doesn't seem to be much interest for them, at least not for the ones I'm selling....

No offense, but i'm an avid ebayer, and i'm looking to purchase my first Chanel, an i have this notion that 70% of what is sold on ebay is fake!!! i'm just plain afraid that i'm spend $1000-$3000 on a bag that could very well be fake!!
if i could touch it and get it authenticated then it would be no problem, but seller's sometimes are not willing to do it, or they say i can do it when i get it!!!

My first Chanel is NOT going to be a fake!!! so i'm just saving up to get one in a few months!!!

I just sold a few Chanels on Ebay. I gave it to a friend to sell for me (he took 10% of the sale :s.. maybe I should do it myself to make more money).

Between eBay (3.5% + listing fees) and PayPal (3.5% to 4.5% if your buyer is international) your friend wasn't really making any money for his trouble.

Hi, I am not advertising anything here.
I sold my Chanel black hobo in Dec. 2007 for $1375 and for friend's Dark silver wallet purse from 2007 for $1365.(this is def. not making money but a favor, I found her 226 2.55 Dark Silver reissue bag in 2008 instead. I promised her if she decided to give up the wallet purse, I will either buy from her or sell it for her. But since I have a 227 2.55 dark silver bag from 2007 I decided to sell for her. Whoever gets the wallet purse is sure lucky cause' that one is brand brand new and not even taking out of the box for 3 times. .....
Well, where do you located? Find a friend trust-worthy to sell it for you is nice since it does take some effort. ...As for the 10% cut, it really depends how good your relationship. Like me, I only take all the listing fee back and shipping charges.

Last thing, I have to say, eBay is tricky!!! There are too many counterfeits and I do encounter very "dishonest" seller and buyer!!! Good thing is I already has tracking number, signature confirmation, ...etc. to make sure we selves have eBay's buyer protection policy. (up to $2000)

He got his 10% cut after I paid the paypal/ebay fees. :s

In my personal opinion that's fair. He did all the work. I am told that's what Personal_Shoppers charges 10% + eBay & PayPal fees and I think they have very reasonable consignment rates (as compared to 35% to 50% for consignment shops).

^^ I totally agree. 10% is very reasonable when you think about having to deal with potential buyers, answering emails, etc. I think Ebay is a good way to go for as long as you do take good pictures and have an ebay history (feedback, etc). Otherwise it may be difficult to sell if you are just starting off.
Consignment stores do take a lot. Luckily, here in Manila you can find resellers that will take 5-10% of total price as their fee. There are also some resellers who buy direct though I suppose you should expect to sell at a loss.

I have sold 2 Chanels on ebay but a reseller handled it, she took 20% & it was well worth it to me, not to deal with anything except picking up my 80% when all was said & done.
The only reason I sold them was that they were both too small for me. I'm in the process of buying another & hope I finally get the size that will work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.