Need help with questions about BE returns from U.S.

goldenflower

Jan 28, 2008
I need to return my BE purchases, and I don't have all the info I need for filling out the customs forms. I emailed Jackie yesterday and told her that I needed to have these questions answered by this morning, but I haven't heard back from her. Today is the only day I can get to the post office, so I need help ASAP!

If you live in the U.S. and have mailed bag(s) back to Jackie, and would be willing to help me with a couple of questions for the customs form, I'd very much appreciate it! Please feel free to PM me. Thanks so much!:smile::smile::smile:

What questions are they? Whenever I ship things out of the US, I just fill it in as is so I'm having trouble understanding what question you could be stuck on.

Hi!

Jackie shipped these bags to me in 2 separate boxes, and told me to use USPS for the return, and to put the value of each bag at $10 so that they don't have to pay customs. On the cutsoms form, I have to specify what I'm returning from the following choices:

Documents
Gifts
Merchandise
Returned Goods
Commercial Sample
Other

My packages from her were marked as "Gifts", and someone else mentioned that she marked her package as "Returned Goods", so I am not sure what to do! "Merchandise" would also apply here.

Then, the contents of the box have to be specified. On my boxes from Jackie, it said "Leather handbag" and the $ value on the little form was impossible to read. I don't know whether to put what they are (i.e., leather bags) because that doesn't really work with putting a value of $10 (or $20, for both bags) on the package, if you KWIM?

Thanks for any help! I have about 20 more minutes before I have to get this in the mail.

I just sent yo a PM.

I returned a bag today. I marked it as returned goods. I don't think they will get charged customs for this. I also just marked leather handbags in the description area. You don't have to be that specific. Now I did mark the true value b/c I wanted to get the package insured. I don't want to risk losing a $635 bag in transit. So I put the value on there and got insurance. I sent mine back USPS today.

I just sent yo a PM.

I returned a bag today. I marked it as returned goods. I don't think they will get charged customs for this. I also just marked leather handbags in the description area. You don't have to be that specific. Now I did mark the true value b/c I wanted to get the package insured. I don't want to risk losing a $635 bag in transit. So I put the value on there and got insurance. I sent mine back USPS today.

Karen, thank you so much - I just replied to your PM, too. :smile:

goldenflower ~ I responded to your PM with detailed instructions.

I need to return my BE purchases, and I don't have all the info I need for filling out the customs forms. I emailed Jackie yesterday and told her that I needed to have these questions answered by this morning, but I haven't heard back from her. Today is the only day I can get to the post office, so I need help ASAP!

If you live in the U.S. and have mailed bag(s) back to Jackie, and would be willing to help me with a couple of questions for the customs form, I'd very much appreciate it! Please feel free to PM me. Thanks so much!:smile::smile::smile:

Send it back USPS with a low value....insure it for the maximum AND have it sent with a tracking # and signature confirmation.

it should be fine! :yes:

I just saw your second PM - thank you! Will reply momentarily. :smile:

In case anyone else is wondering, it appears from info on the USPS web site that the maximum amount of insurance available is $650.