First time having a bag returned!!! Uuugghh!

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
Well, I guess it had to happen some time, but it really bothers me. I just sold a brand spanking-new Med. blue Harlequin bag on ebay. It was NEVER used because right after I bought this bag, I found the large sized one (which is the one I really wanted to begin with). I started the bidding at $1495 in order to cover my costs only (I wasn't trying to gouge people for a big profit!). So, this one sold for over $1800 to a buyer who says that she is in the process of opening a Boutique of hard to find items in NYC. Since she paid so promptly, I even upgraded her delivery to Overnight shipping to show my appreciation (I do this with high end items). Anyway, she just sent me this:
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Hi,
Regretfully, I'm returning the bag back to you. I'm buying for my boutique and want everything to be in perfect condition. The bag has some wear and tear and won't be able to resell it. I do hope we can do business together in the near future. Please be sure to rufnd my money upon receipt of the bag. Thanks so much. Jennifer

:wtf: This bag was NEVER worn and I even sent it in the box that Harrods sent it to me in. I sent all of the shipment paperwork, etc. What I think is that I should have crossed out the price that I paid for it. She had sent me a previous e-mail asking if it was a hard-to-find item (which it is), what it retailed for, etc. so that she could "justify" the price that she will charge her clients. Well I know that this bag is available now on mytheresa for approx. $1574 and told her that after the auction had ended. (How dumb am I???) I think that she probably realized that she could have purchased the bag for less and decided to send mine back. There is NO WAY that there is any wear on this bag! Lesson learned - I will never give out that kind of info ever again!!! :cursing: Just had to vent!!
[/FONT]

Ugh....so sorry this happened to you, but you COULD refuse it you know. eBay bids are supposedly binding contracts (but I'm betting she'd get nasty and leave neg. to be spiteful)....

Good luck!

You might ask her for pictures of the wear and tear. You can't just take a bag back that has been abused in order to send it back or exchanged for one in bad condition.

She received it this morning and I will thoroughly inspect the bag prior to sending a refund. I have a security tag attached to it as well, if that tag has been removed or tampered with..................no refund. I think that she simply realized that she could get the bag for cheaper which meant more profit for her. Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen. I just hope that she doesn't leave me neg. fb. If she leaves it for me, i will return the favor (since she also has 100% fb as well). :sweatdrop:

I just hope that she doesn't leave me neg. fb. If she leaves it for me, i will return the favor (since she also has 100% fb as well). :sweatdrop:
If it's not resolved fast, you won't have the luxury of nailing her with negative feedback. Remember, the "no negatives to buyers" rule (stupid rule, that is) goes into effect next month.

I would leave FB such as "should buy in a store" or soemthing to that affect. You don't have to leave a neg but it lets others know they have a picky buyer on their hands,

Thats ridiculous. If the bag has never been used she cant claim it has wear and tear. I suppose by accepting it you just cut out the hassle she could give you. Did you have a second bidder you could offer to??

The name Jennifer scares me. That's the name of a scammer that says that she can't use the bag and that the bag is sent back using the same tracking number as it was sent. Either they never get the bag or they get a fake. Please keep us updated and good luck.

The name Jennifer scares me. That's the name of a scammer that says that she can't use the bag and that the bag is sent back using the same tracking number as it was sent. Either they never get the bag or they get a fake. Please keep us updated and good luck.

Uh-oh. Are there any threads on tPF about this scammer?? :sweatdrop:

Thats ridiculous. If the bag has never been used she cant claim it has wear and tear. I suppose by accepting it you just cut out the hassle she could give you. Did you have a second bidder you could offer to??
Yes, there is a second offer at $1800, but it seems that every time I offer second chances, it freaks bidders out and they never accept. I even posted a thread about that when the first winner of my Fairy bag was from Canada and I don't ship internationally any more. I just want to recoop the $ I paid for this bag. I had no idea it was going to get bid up so high...............:wtf: