Anybody else in the same situation?

NanamiRyu

Justine
O.G.
Dec 3, 2007
I was looking through fall lookbook again yesterday and ended up putting my name down for five more bags. So with those added to my previous reserves, I now have NINE BAGS to wait for pre-fall and fall...

And now my greatest fear is what if I fall in love with every one of them?:nuts: Yes, I would be overjoyed having a full collection of those lovelies but how on the earth am I supposed to bear their huge price tags?

Why, I was calculating where all my money went last few months and just :Push: at the amount I spent on Chanel alone. And that's just January to mid April! My goodness!! Chanel is really making me go broke!!!

I'm secretly wishing half of my reserved bags turn out homely, as if that's possible.:rolleyes:

Oh, Monsieur Lagerfeld, why are you suddenly pulling out all my fave colors at once?

I completely sympathize:girlsigh:! I am new to Chanel and am waiting for the London store to get a black metallic Reissue with gold hardware but I long for a jumbo in purple caviar as well as a caviar coco cabas in bronze or camel and something large in the bubble quilt. I started out wanting a jumbo in black caviar with gold hardware and basically I lost my mind :nuts:reading your updates and looking at everyone pics. I thought of myself as a Hermes person but there's something about Chanel.....

I completely sympathize:girlsigh:! I am new to Chanel and am waiting for the London store to get a black metallic Reissue with gold hardware but I long for a jumbo in purple caviar as well as a caviar coco cabas in bronze or camel and something large in the bubble quilt. I started out wanting a jumbo in black caviar with gold hardware and basically I lost my mind :nuts:reading your updates and looking at everyone pics. I thought of myself as a Hermes person but there's something about Chanel.....

I'm glad to see you have crossed over to the Dark Side...:sweatdrop: I was giggling as I read your wish list items. Lol~ So many bags, and still so many more bags out there calling our names!!

BTW, although purple flap of this fall would be lambskin, they are coming out with bubble quilts in various colors...:graucho:

I was looking through fall lookbook again yesterday and ended up putting my name down for five more bags. So with those added to my previous reserves, I now have NINE BAGS to wait for pre-fall and fall...

And now my greatest fear is what if I fall in love with every one of them?:nuts: Yes, I would be overjoyed having a full collection of those lovelies but how on the earth am I supposed to bear their huge price tags?

Why, I was calculating where all my money went last few months and just :Push: at the amount I spent on Chanel alone. And that's just January to mid April! My goodness!! Chanel is really making me go broke!!!

I'm secretly wishing half of my reserved bags turn out homely, as if that's possible.:rolleyes:

Oh, Monsieur Lagerfeld, why are you suddenly pulling out all my fave colors at once?

Hi NanamiRyu,

I know exactly how you feel....

Well, I am a very new Chanel collector. Just bought 3 Chanel bags in March alone...and now 1 more bag coming in April. This addiction is pretty fast...I don't know why!!!

As you can see on my wish list, there's lots of Chanel's I want. I think the colors of the bags from the upcoming Pre-Fall and Fall collection are awesome!! Burgundy, Grey, Purple, and Bubble Quilt!! OMG, I want them all!! (My DH is gonna kill me.....:boxing:smile:

BTW, do you happen to have a copy of the pre-fall/fall lookbook which you can share?

I'm glad to see you have crossed over to the Dark Side...:sweatdrop: I was giggling as I read your wish list items. Lol~ So many bags, and still so many more bags out there calling our names!!

BTW, although purple flap of this fall would be lambskin, they are coming out with bubble quilts in various colors...:graucho:

You are such a temptress!:roflmfao:! Perhaps you can help me decide - black metallic jumbo w/ ghw or purple lambskin large/jumbo as the first bag :s. I love both but am unsure as to which would be easiest for everyday life with my 1 yr old...

^ I would go with the black metallic. As much as I love purple, I am purging my closet of all non-black/brown or non-caviar leather bags because of my 8 month old. Too much of a risk to take. Although, you could always buy it and save it for special occassions or for a few years (like 8 years!) down the road, when you don't have to worry about it as much. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't want to be mad at my daughter for ruining my overly expensive bag.

echo_23 - what bag are you using when you adn your baby are out and about? Do you find yourself tempted by beige/camel or lighter/brighter colors? Is lambskin a definite no with a baby? :hrmm:TIA

As you can see on my wish list, there's lots of Chanel's I want. I think the colors of the bags from the upcoming Pre-Fall and Fall collection are awesome!! Burgundy, Grey, Purple, and Bubble Quilt!! OMG, I want them all!! (My DH is gonna kill me.....:boxing:smile:

BTW, do you happen to have a copy of the pre-fall/fall lookbook which you can share?

Lol~ I hope your DH isn't a skilled boxer like that smiley. I don't have any lookbook. I just looked through them with my SAs. But I know some ladies get them emailed and such. Maybe someone else can help you?

One of the bags I put my name down for was a Bubble Quilt~ My SA actually suggested I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself.:upsidedown:

You are such a temptress!:roflmfao:! Perhaps you can help me decide - black metallic jumbo w/ ghw or purple lambskin large/jumbo as the first bag :s. I love both but am unsure as to which would be easiest for everyday life with my 1 yr old...

I'm a fan of lambskins but what do I know? I think you should take echo_23's advice. A fellow mommy would know the best, right? And I do have a metallic black, which I absolutely love. It's quite classy and elegant bag and yet you could also wear it with lots of casual clothes. So maybe you should get that instead and hold off lambskins till the lil one grow old enough to learn the words, "mommy's Chanel, dirty, scratch, mommy mad?";)

HOWEVER, I don't think BQ's really need that much care. I'm a natural born klutz and I don't take care of my things properly. I love BQs because they are so soft and yummy yet, less fuss to deal with. So maybe you really should get a BQ bag, if your heart is set for a lambskin.:P

Lol~ I hope your DH isn't a skilled boxer like that smiley. I don't have any lookbook. I just looked through them with my SAs. But I know some ladies get them emailed and such. Maybe someone else can help you?

One of the bags I put my name down for was a Bubble Quilt~ My SA actually suggested I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself.:upsidedown:

Haha NanamiRyu!! You're so funny!! My DH works in a bank..:P

Bubble quilt is hot!! It's a very HOT item here in Hong Kong when it was released last year. Too bad I was pregnant then and didn't get a chance to buy it. I hope I won't miss it this year!! Good luck to us!!

^ Oh, I know that at least in Korea, BQ bowlers were so popular, they were selling varieties of fakes everywhere for a while. It was all due to this popular actress who was seen carrying her dark beige one.:sweatdrop:

I like the hobo flap style the best but had to put my name down for a bowler this time. I hope they make BQs permanent and come out with funky colors every year. Lol~ That's how much I :love: BQs.