Please help with graduation gift!

jessi5786

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
Hello Everyone!

I need your help! I recently purchased an LV Tivoli PM, but I had a bad experience with the SAs and it just kind of put a damper on it being my graduation gift...so even though I've wanted it since it first came out and I love it IRL, I'm having second thoughts...not to mention, I've had Chanel on the brain since I started frequenting this thread, you enablers you! And I think my college graduation gift should be something more special, since I don't own any Chanel bags yet.

Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable enough when it comes to Chanel bags to narrow it down...My limit is $1500 and although I absolutely love the Timeless Clutch and WOCs, I'd like a more significant bag for my first Chanel...I know you guys must be so sick of these threads but can you please offer any suggestions?

I have been looking at the PST and I although think I like it a lot, but I'm not fully convinced yet...also, I have yet to see and handle it IRL.

Please offer your expert suggestions to this Chanel noob! :heart:

Congrats on your college graduation! Mine is also coming up in a month and a half as well... isn't the best dilemma when you get to choose what your gift will be? ;)

I think for $1500, the PST would be perfect! While the clutch and wallet on chain are very cute, you'd probably use the PST more. I actually saw a girl with it at school today, and thought it was very cute, even with casual clothing. I prefer it over the Tivoli, too -I think you'll have the Chanel for much longer, which your graduation gift should be... timeless! I would definitely try it on first though, as it is a tad on the smaller size tote wise.

Good luck!

Congrats on your college graduation! Mine is also coming up in a month and a half as well... isn't the best dilemma when you get to choose what your gift will be? ;)

I think for $1500, the PST would be perfect! While the clutch and wallet on chain are very cute, you'd probably use the PST more. I actually saw a girl with it at school today, and thought it was very cute, even with casual clothing. I prefer it over the Tivoli, too -I think you'll have the Chanel for much longer, which your graduation gift should be... timeless! I would definitely try it on first though, as it is a tad on the smaller size tote wise.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your input! I definitely agree that a graduation gift should be timeless, which is I guess part of the reason that I'm having this dilemma...I will have to try on the PST on when I go to pick up my Camellia jellies at Bergdorf's on Wednesday!

Congratulations on your graduation too! Scary, isn't it?

^^^ Thanks! I'm scared too... but definitely more relieved than scared! But I try not to think about it, rather, I'd prefer to focus on what gifts I'll be getting to keep my mind off of it. LOL

While you are there, browse and see if there's anything else in that price range or close to it, maybe you'll find something that is tad more price wise, but you'll end up loving even more than the PST... so investing the extra amount will be well worth it, KWIM? -and let us know what you decide!

I read your post in the LV forum, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! I too wanted the jumbo Chanel flap for my graduation gift, although my Dad doesn't really get the whole handbag obsession so he decided to get me something else for graduation (which I'm much happier with, to be completely honest ;)) If you're having 2nd thoughts about the LV Tivoli, then maybe it's best to go to Chanel and look for an alternative. Maybe try the East West flap? Good luck and I hope you find something that makes you happy! :smile:

^ Kiet (SA in this forum) said it is confirmed PSTs would go up this fall.

Yeah, Jessi, now after reading your post, I think you really should get a PST. I too considered getting a timeless clutch during BG EGC but nayed it after some pondering. I couldn't find an answer to my self asked question of "where would I be going with this?" with the clutches. Lol~

I didn't know you were a fellow New Yorker! You should definitely try them on when you get to BG tomorrow. I PMed you about it but I'm really happy with mine.

And even with out terrible NY tax, it's still under $1500, which is your budget. I think it would be the perfect grad gift.

definitely go witht he chanel! i once thought about getting the LV tivoli too but despite owning many many LV's and only 4 chanels, all of my favourites that are versatile with almost any outfit are the chanel. Congrats on your graduation too :biggrin:

I think the PST is a great choice too. Although, if you really want something like a classic flap, you could always save a little bit more or use part graduation money and part of your own. I only say that because it's really a bag you would have for the rest of your life and it would be nice to acquire it alongside a major life achievement. Congrats by the way!

Wow, thanks so much for all of your input guys! I really appreciate it! And thank you for all of the graduation wishes! Congratulations to all my fellow tPF grads out there!

I am leaning towards a PST right now...

echo_23, I would love to own a flap bag someday but I don't think I'm ready just yet...my style is a little too casual at the moment, and I think the PST works better with the casual look KWIM? Do you guys agree?

I'm going to talk it over with my parents, and hopefully I'll be able to get the PST from the Chanel at Bloomingdales when they're having the Friends & Family event...For Chanel, they give you a gift card worth 20% of the purchase value, since they don't discount Chanel....just thought I'd share with you ladies!

For those curious on how to get a card for the event...I just called to inquire about the PSTs and was directed to the Personal Shopping service and the woman was so nice that she offered to send me a F&F card when I told her I was going to try to get one!

I'll keep you all updated ;) hopefully you'll be seeing my reveal thread soon!

Now the only question that remains is white or black?

After seeing NanamiRyu's new white PST I really fell in love...not to mention I just love white! But I'm afraid it will get dirty easily and I don't think I could carry it all year...thoughts ladies?