HELP! am i being scammed??? worried...

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
hi girls, i am worried! i hope i am just overreacting!!

i won an ebay auction on friday. the lady said she would mail it to me on monday. well today she emailed me saying that she sent it and she sent me a confirmation number so i could track it. i went to track the package and it said there was no such record of this package....could it have been a typo???

i am scared i am being scammed!!! i have read horror stories on the forum. am i overreacting??:sad::confused1:

Don't worry. If she just sent it today, sometimes the tracking # doesn't register in the system for a day or two. How did she send it? Priority?
If she has a good feedback rating, she says she sent it and gave the tracking number, chances are everything is OK, it just hasn't registered on the internet tracking system yet.

Yeah - I would check it again tomorrow. If it still says the same, email her and just check the tracking details with her, it may be a typo. It is too early to worry about it at the moment.

There have been plenty of times where the "tracking" NEVER updated for me. I had the package before the website had any knowledge of the package existing... it's hit or miss with Priority mail.

I agree, if it was just dropped off today then it is not in the system yet. They only update usually about once a day, so I would wait and try checking again tomorrow.

Hi-
New to the forum, but an ebay expert!! (lol) The tracking provided bt the Post Office priority mail is not "trackable" - it delivery confirmation, and only lets you know when it's "delivered". Not to worry, if your seller has good feedback, you'll be fine. And if you used Paypal and it never gets there, you can file a dispute and receive all your money back - it's up to the seller to prove the delivery! best..........michelle:heart:

Hi-
New to the forum, but an ebay expert!! (lol) The tracking provided bt the Post Office priority mail is not "trackable" - it delivery confirmation, and only lets you know when it's "delivered". Not to worry, if your seller has good feedback, you'll be fine. And if you used Paypal and it never gets there, you can file a dispute and receive all your money back - it's up to the seller to prove the delivery! best..........michelle:heart:

Not necessarily true. If it is scanned properly, not always, it will have updates when the tracking # is entered, like dropped at facility at such and such time or left facility, etc. But it does normally take a day to show in their system.

e-mail her back saying that the tracking did not show... if you wait without any communications back to her, any scam artist can say they think everything was going fine. Communicate with e-mail as proof & keep logs!

Not necessarily true. If it is scanned properly, not always, it will have updates when the tracking # is entered, like dropped at facility at such and such time or left facility, etc. But it does normally take a day to show in their system.

ITA!! You can check the number yourself under your order details on ebay.(if she printed out the label from paypal)