Jimmy Choo Back from SF: Choo sightings in the stores...

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
I just came home from 4 day trip to San Francisco. I got about 8 hours of shopping in. The rest was sight seeing, and yes, eating. OMG - I thought the food was great here in Seattle. But now, it is a terrible disappointment, lol.

I had the best pizza ever, and, and, and...I digress.

I was right downtown and took public transportation. Sak's had a cool lizard Ramona. It was turquoise and black. Sak's also had a metallic blue anaconda Ramona. I never saw that in any catalog....anyone else see this?

Then I hopped on the cable car down to Bloomies. The gal in the Choo boutique was really nice. I probably spent an hour in there, gabbing about Choo. The big attention getter for me was the metallic, multicolor salmon skin clutch and sandal. It is very unusual. They also had a medium zebra Saba. I finally got to try on the Flame sandal. The SF Choo had it in red petrol. If I can find it on sale in black petrol...it's mine! I'll be checking our new steals and deals thread. :graucho:

Next, on to Nordies...nothing remarkable. In fact I cannot even remember what I saw there. Pretty bad, huh?

Then to Barney's and NM. I finally got my Zanotti black gladiator sandals at Barneys. I had tried to order them 4 times over the web and was cancelled each time. NM had a bunch of Choos, but no real excitement.

It is definitely in between seasons. A lot of resort and S/S. A few SAs talked about upcoming sales in late June.

I also visited BV, Ferragamo, Hermes, Stuart Weitzman, and another few independent shoe stores.

I didn't look at sunglasses at all. I wear regular eyeglasses. But, I'd like to hear about anyone else's SF shopping experiences.

Hey JBurgh- I live in SF and spend too much time shopping! What was your best pizza? Did Nikla (I think I spelled this wrong) help you at the Choo boutique? She's my favorite!

I agree on Nordstroms - they have a nice Marc Jacobs selection but don't have alot of the other lines. The SA told me they are limited in the lines they carry due to duplication with Neimans, Saks, Bloomies, etc.

Did you see the Navy Ring bag in drummed leather at Saks? I saw that one last weekend and can't stop thinking about it!

I, too was in SF for a couple of days. Saw the great Choo bags in Saks as well. Didn't you just love that Arad on the model? I got the Choo JJ sunglasses I had been wanting!!! Some cute Choo Shoes downstairs at Saks. I didn't make it to Bloomies, maybe next time!
Did you eat on the wharf at all? Yummy Crab chowder. We took a pic with Brad and Angie...OK it was at the Wax Museum.

The pizza place was North Beach Pizza. It was really good. The crust was not too thick or too thin and very crispy. The sauce was fabulous, with just a touch of sweetness to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes. And the sausage....oh my, this was made by a skilled sausage maker...with a tiny bit of caraway seed, and very lean. I wish I had a source for that here. Seattle is really pizza challenged. Afterwards we went around the corner and walked down the street for some gelato.

But on the first day, we met my uncle, aunt and a cousin for dinner at Farallon. It is a fancy place near Union Square. The food was good, but I am just not a fancy, schmancy restaurant type. I like a more relaxed atmosphere. We did go to the wharf and ate at a place called Capurros. Our friends do not like fish, but that was ok since we have such a fabulous selection in Seattle. There was a jazz trio playing there.

Our favorite was right across the street from the hotel...a bustling popular place called Sears. Open at 6:30am, it is famous for small Swedish pancakes. We went there every day for breakfast.

And of course, we ate a couple of times in Chinatown at The Far East. We pretty much winged it on the restaurants, except for Farallon.

And yes, it was Nicla at the Choo boutique. She is very enthusiastic and fun to talk to. I did see the drummed leather bags.

Taking the day off to rest. :girlsigh:

Sounds like you had a great trip. North Beach pizza is great. Every July North Beach neighborhood has a street festival and they set up a stand selling their pizza.

Sears is a San Francisco trademark and have awesome breakfast!

Umm before you say Seattle has bad pizza please try the Pizza at Palermo's Your caraway seed and very lean pizza is called the #1 at Palermo's Pizza. 350 15th Ave. E., Seattle, WA 98112
206-322-3875.

You will not be let down. My DH and I have driven from Portland just to have pizza a couple of times this year.

Serious Pie (in the Tom Douglas block across from Bed Bath Beyond) has a great clam pizza and cranberry hand pie. But not as good as the Palermo's Pizza.

I love Sears Fine Food. I am so glad you had a great time in SF!
It is a great city!!!!!

The pizza place was North Beach Pizza. It was really good. The crust was not too thick or too thin and very crispy. The sauce was fabulous, with just a touch of sweetness to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes. And the sausage....oh my, this was made by a skilled sausage maker...with a tiny bit of caraway seed, and very lean. I wish I had a source for that here. Seattle is really pizza challenged. Afterwards we went around the corner and walked down the street for some gelato.

But on the first day, we met my uncle, aunt and a cousin for dinner at Farallon. It is a fancy place near Union Square. The food was good, but I am just not a fancy, schmancy restaurant type. I like a more relaxed atmosphere. We did go to the wharf and ate at a place called Capurros. Our friends do not like fish, but that was ok since we have such a fabulous selection in Seattle. There was a jazz trio playing there.

Our favorite was right across the street from the hotel...a bustling popular place called Sears. Open at 6:30am, it is famous for small Swedish pancakes. We went there every day for breakfast.

And of course, we ate a couple of times in Chinatown at The Far East. We pretty much winged it on the restaurants, except for Farallon.

And yes, it was Nicla at the Choo boutique. She is very enthusiastic and fun to talk to. I did see the drummed leather bags.

Taking the day off to rest. :girlsigh:

jburgh, welcome home. Did you adopt any new JC's? I visited SF once many, many years ago. The shopping options were awesome but back then I could only look! My fondest SF memory occurred when we were guests of my dh's Chinese friend. He took us to a very authentic restaurant in Chinatown; so authentic no one spoke English and they didn't have silverware. I've never mastered chop sticks. The owner, seeing me struggle, ran out somewhere and came back with a fork and a spoon. I was so touched. I ate the entire meal trying very hard not to question what I was eating...LOL

I would have to agree... SF is a great place to shop, eat and sight see! I live in the North Bay and can't resist an opp to spend the day in the city!!

But I will give up a secret of mine.... the next time you are in the area and feel like taking a drive up to the wine country there is a fab Boutique in St. Helena called Footcandy that always has irresistable, hard to find Jimmy Choo shoes and handbags, along with many other amazing designers!!!! I can never make it out of that store alive!!!

Has anyone else been there?!

Welcome back Jburgh! You know how much I'm with ya on pizza....YUM! :drool:

The lizard Ramona sounds interesting....I've seen the turquoise and black combination done in things that I loved, and I've seen turquoise and black that I thought looked like it really should not maybe have left the stripper bar. :shame: It's an iffy combination. How did it look as a Ramona??

As for sunnies....I tend to be a Serengeti gal because they are the BEST sunglasses in all the land to wear while driving! :yes: