License to sell designer handbags?

changainlove

May 28, 2006
I met a lady who says she has a license to sell handbags and that she sells them for half the price.(Louis, Coach, Chanel, Burberry) I asked her if they are real and she says they are. She says they are the handbags that are shipped back to the US that don't get sold. :confused1: I don't know, has anyone heard of this? :shrugs:

lies, her nose is growing as we speak!
I met a lady who says she has a license to sell handbags and that she sells them for half the price.(Louis, Coach, Chanel, Burberry) I asked her if they are real and she says they are. She says they are the handbags that are shipped back to the US that don't get sold. :confused1: I don't know, has anyone heard of this? :shrugs:

She's full of it. She's selling fakes. Louis Vuitton bags that don't sell stay in the stores until they sell or they are offered to employees at a discount. Eventually, they are destroyed. The only legitimate sources of LV are the LV stores, department stores that have an LV counter, eLuxury, or LV's own website. Anyone else is selling fakes.

Why would you need a license to sell designer bags? Does not make sense. If it has anything to do with being shipped to Asia and shipped back to U.S. they are fake there are a lot of fakes made in Asia. I would def. stay away.

Okay she may or may not be lying. You do need a resellers license to sell authentic designer handbags in ANY store front. I purchase my handabgs from European design houses. These handbags are in fact, handbags that A) Have not been sent out to stores B)Second batch handbags (not up to the designers standards) or C) Handbags that have been RETURNED from their designers (returns from customers or possibly damaged). If indeed she is purchasing handbags from Europe she could be telling the truth.

Hanbags purchased from Europe are without a doubt cheaper than hanbags in sold in the US. BUT there are SOME designers that costs more in Europe than in the US, Coach being one for an example. Take one and have it authenticated. If she has a good return policy (which she should) and it turns out it's not authentic take it back for a refund. But don't immediately rule something as a lie because you have "never heard of it" or it is out of the norm. There is a whole other world out there to buying authentic handbags that MANY people don't know about.

Considering that this was your first post:

"Hello! I am a buyer of authentic handbags for more than 5+ years. I fly to Europe twice a month and "raid" the design houses. It's a fun job but it's not my main focus. I do it part-time. And if you are looking for a good deal or a particular bag I can help. I hope I can be help to this board!"

I don't know that many people will take your reply in this thread very seriously. Promoting your own business is not allowed on tpf.