Another possible B-day present for me..help me pick:)

Missrocks

Apr 6, 2008
:flowers:I am so happily enjoying my black patent VP's as my B-day present to myself.

Well, my mom had asked me what I wanted a couple weeks ago, and I said I needed a pair of grey/ silver shoes to go with my LV scarf that I wear to work all the time.

So I had originally told her that I wanted these Stuart Weitzman's- the fading colors matches my scarf perfectly! My only concern was the comfort- I'm not sure if his 4inch heels are the comfortable- I'm used to my platforms.

Then I came across these CL's Iowa's on E-bay. The grey color would still go, and the heel is lower. I could just pitch in the $ difference. My FI says these look like "old lady" shoes..but what does he know?

So based on the picture of my scarf and comfort factor/ looks, which would you guys pick?

Or, if you don't like either option, I could just wait until we go to NY in June, and let her get me a present on our shopping trip there...

Thanks for any opinions!

Picture4691024x768.jpg

cliowa.jpg

stuartweitzman.jpg

Whoops..maybe I should've posted this in the regular shoe forum. I may get biased opinions in the CL section..LOL

I think the Iowas actually tone better with the scarf but I have to be honest and say that neither really wow me. Could wait and see what NYC has to offer :shrugs:

The texture of the SWs are a bit too strong and competes with the LV scarf. The grey Iowas are nice and simple and look more complimentary to the scarf. They look comfortable because of the lower heel. My worry is if you wait until June, you won't find something to go with the scarf. On the other hand, if you do wait, you can find a whole other gift that's awesome.

Thanks everyone for your imput~

I love the design of the SW, but do think I remember correctly that his shoes are uncomfortable - thanks for your imput Madamelizaking!

I like the Iowas, but they just aren't wowing me for some reason. I really wish someone had a modeling pic of them in this color..

I'll give it a bit more thought and I may just wait until NY-

Thanks everyone for your imput~

I love the design of the SW, but do think I remember correctly that his shoes are uncomfortable - thanks for your imput Madamelizaking!

I like the Iowas, but they just aren't wowing me for some reason. I really wish someone had a modeling pic of them in this color..

I'll give it a bit more thought and I may just wait until NY-

Why not try greasepaint pigalles? They are a bit darker grey than the scarf, but would look really nice. The other option is maybe simples...can you order them so you don't have to wait to come to NYC? Neither shoe really is doing it for me...think you need something a bit more snappy. :yes:

Here's a link with a photo.
http://www.footcandyshoes.com/istar...er=LOU&group=new&sortby=&numperpage=36&pos=0&

Darn, this B-day present is getting more expensive by the minute!!

^Like those pigalle's!.. but I need something a bit more comfy for work, my closet is over-run with super high heels. Pointy toes and higher heels are the worst combination for me. Unless someone wants to chime in and say these are comfy?- that may sway me.

If I had my choice and money wasn't an object, I would pick the silvery gray (not sure of the color name) simple or new simple pumps. I've heard both of those are comfy..
But I'm trying to keep it under 400. (or just a little over would be acceptable)

If shoes aren't in the budget, maybe I'll just get a nice new dress for work.

Darn, this B-day present is getting more expensive by the minute!!

^Like those pigalle's!.. but I need something a bit more comfy for work, my closet is over-run with super high heels. Pointy toes and higher heels are the worst combination for me. Unless someone wants to chime in and say these are comfy?- that may sway me.

If I had my choice and money wasn't an object, I would pick the silvery gray (not sure of the color name) simple or new simple pumps. I've heard both of those are comfy..
But I'm trying to keep it under 400. (or just a little over would be acceptable)

If shoes aren't in the budget, maybe I'll just get a nice new dress for work.

How about checking on eBay? You may be able to find a pair of simples there? I love the pigalles, but you are right, for work they may not be so practical. I'll keep checking for you and see what I find...its a mission.