Does any1 else feel like this?

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
There are sooo many bags I want, lusting over like crazy. Then when I acctually got the money to buy them, I back out.

Lately I've been trying to think realistic, like for example, my dreambag would be the Chanel classic flap 2.55 BUT the thing is..I wouldn't use it much IF I ever got my hands on it because it just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I'm a casual girl and I mostly use plainer purses and I think that oneis reaaal fancy.

This was just an example. But what would you do? Do you dream about purses that you end up not buying in the end because you wouldn't use it much?

Is it worth buying it to just look at it? :heart:

Yep, I feel like that a lot. Sometimes I get obsessive about getting/having a certain bag, then when I get it I don't end up using it. I end up returning or selling it and I wonder why I put myself through all that!

Yep, I feel like that a lot. Sometimes I get obsessive about getting/having a certain bag, then when I get it I don't end up using it. I end up returning or selling it and I wonder why I put myself through all that!

Me, too. I have a revolving stash of handbags. OT: balihai -- Did you see your beloved on The Office last week? When he knelt down to tie his shoe and "Pam" thought it was a proposal, but he was teasing? So adorable.

Me too (lol).

I would love to own a Chanel flap and I'm thinking to buy a Jumbo one as it can holds more but when I got money, I have changed my mind.

Anyway, I got many bags in my closet which has been long sleeping but I couldn't let them go as I still love them but found they are not practical enough for me.

OT: balihai -- Did you see your beloved on The Office last week? When he knelt down to tie his shoe and "Pam" thought it was a proposal, but he was teasing? So adorable.

OMG Rondafaye, when I saw that scene I *totally* thought he was going to propose and I screamed at the TV!!! DH thinks I'm certifiably insane. I'm so happy that "The Office" is back and I can't wait to see what happens.

Sorry, back to the regular topic!

Yeah I've been through that when you think you want a purse so much and when you finally do you're like eh? what in the world was I thinking thats why I only buy purses from now on if I truly love them and know I will carry them. I've seen certain purses where I'm like wow :drool: but I know its not me and that always means you won't carry it so I don't buy purses like that. Seriously ladies buying a purse sometimes feels like you're buying a house or car or something :sweatdrop:

I admire your ability to put the brakes on and not go through with the impulse buys! I am way too impulsive for my own good. As a rule, however, I have never ever ever regretted purchasing a Chanel! You can always find a reason to wear it! I do have some bags that, for a brief period of time, seemed to change my life (oh I am dramatic this evening)!! But seriously, I remember purchasing a YSL Muse while I was in a big funk and it seemed to boost everything around me! .... As i re-read this it is clear I have a serious problem re: material goods. :love: I must shop to cheer myself up!

happens to me a lot.. but I dont return them.. i just keep them.. if you notice in my list of handbags.. everything is in pairs.. that means.. I got something then decided that I wanted something else.. so I just kept it.. I just got my prada tote and now Im searching for another one! oh well

Yup, I do that a lot - that's pretty much how I feel about Hermes bags. They're more like art than daily handbags! I was Chanel obsessed for about 3 months before I realized that they just didn't fit my daily lifestyle - like you, I do feel like they are too fancy for my jeans and t-shirts wearing self! So I'm back to Louis Vuitton, which I'm not afraid to throw around!

I have been there although not currently--I buy far less than I use to and I think for a long time before purchasing a bag; design and functionality are important; if they don't meet my needs it will take me a few days to bypass the obsession/desire/want, but I will.

...Do you dream about purses that you end up not buying in the end because you wouldn't use it much?

Absolutely!!! All the time! I see so many bags I adore, but then I think about how often I will really use them. Using a bag is getting my money's worth. Yes, there are some bags you will not use that often, yet they are worth having. For example - a great dressy bag. Overall, I buy a bag because I love it, it fits my lifestyle and I feel great when it's on my arm.

...Is it worth buying it to just look at it? :heart:

For me no. I have come close to doing this. The Prada fairy purse is art in my opinion. However, after some thought, I realized I rather wear my bags instead of look at them.

I feel like that alot. I keep obsessing about a bag, an then when I actually save up enough money to buy it I think twice and pay a bill instead...I feel better that I paid a bill instead of buying the bag in the end. One day I will be able to buy the purse and will have no bills to pay. It's still fun looking for that "It" bag,

haha I feel like this a lot. I usually talk myself out of buying smaller items like wallets, wristlets etc..because I usually get ones that can work with any bags. Because why have a whole lot of wallets and a small amount of purses? I would rather invest money into purses than the purse accessories. I dont like to accessorize much.

But I have had ample opportunities of achieving my dreams of getting my first Chanel, but Im so scared of buyers remorse. I dont want to drool over a bag then get it and not be so in love with it after all ya know.. especially with then amount of money being spent. soo i wait until the RIGHT bag comes along.

i would never buy a bag just to look at it. if im going to spend the money im going to get my moneys worth. i dont think any bag should sit on a shelf unused. im a pretty casual girl myself, but i know for darn sure if i was going to get a chanel i would put it to use and dress myself up ;]

besides.. you can work a casual look with Chanel. you should totally go for it!!