Coach Customer Service

Love$Purses

Apr 13, 2008
I just purchased a Coach Patent Francine bag and one of the zippers works better than the other one. One side sticks a little. My Mom picked up a bag in the store and the zipper broke, so I'm a little paranoid but love my bag. What experiences have you had with a new bag and something breaks or doesn't hold up like it should? Do they fix it or what? I understood that it would be covered for the first 2 years.

eeeeksss...i have the same fear too with my coachies...but i think, if something do happen, bring it to coach and im sure they are able to solve it for you..
and yeah,i read somewhere on the website 'If, during its lifetime, your item should require repair, we offer a repair service for many of our products'.
:tup:

If you just bought it and you are having problems with it, just take it back to the store. You should not pay that much for a bag and have zipper problems. Sounds like a defect. They should replace it. IMO

Maybe I should take it back. I haven't taken the price tag off of it. I just noticed when I put my stuff in it and went to zip it up, one side was smooth as silk, but the other side didn't close as easily. Since I will probably open and close the zipper while the strap is on my shoulder, I don't want it to snag and bend any zipper teeth.

I just didn't know if they repair their things free or they will repair them and you pay for the repair. BIG difference.

In my experience, I bought a bag and after a month of wear somehow the leather trim bled unto the grey fabric of a carly. I brought it in and the SA was really nice and they ordered me another one. It wouldn't hurt to bring it in at least, you never know. I say best to deal with the SA that sold it to you (Esp. if they are really nice), because at least they know who you are already :smile:

Maybe I should take it back. I haven't taken the price tag off of it. I just noticed when I put my stuff in it and went to zip it up, one side was smooth as silk, but the other side didn't close as easily. Since I will probably open and close the zipper while the strap is on my shoulder, I don't want it to snag and bend any zipper teeth.

I just didn't know if they repair their things free or they will repair them and you pay for the repair. BIG difference.

I'm pretty sure they repair them for free, you just send a check to cover shipping if you send it in to get repaired.

Since you still have the tags on it and it hasn't been used, you should probably take it back and exchange it.

if the zipper is really that bad i would go back and explain the situation and see what they can do. either a) they'd exchange it for a new one or order if its not in the store or b) offer to send it in for repair.. if the tags aren't off and you haven't used it you could also return for a full refund.

coach will never charge you for any repairs they make and you don't pay a cent except for 20 dollar shipping fee (via fed ex, from store to jacksonville, florida and back to your house/office/coach/wherever you choose)

if the bag is brand new you should ask if they can waive that fee.

Many times it depends on the bag and if it is still in the store. If it is within a few weeks and the bag is still there they will usually just exchange it for you. If they don't have the bag then for two years they will send it back for repairs at no charge to you. After the two year mark then all they charge you is the $20 fee for shipping. In my store we waive shipping on all newer bags.

I think that it just depends on the store, and the SA that you get. A friend of mine bought a tote a couple years ago and she had a zipper that was sticking and they just replaced it with one in the store for her.

Take it back. What color did you get? I love this bag.

I got it in the winter white.

I took it back to the store today. I called first and she said she would have to see it, which really irritated me because I've had it less than 72 hours. She said that was really to cover herself because it could be in any condition and she didn't think it would be a problem.

When I walked in the store, she tried the zipper and agreed that it wasn't perfect, like it should be. Especially for $800. She returned that bag and is having another one sent from their distribution center in Florida to my home. She did say that they would stand behind their products for the life of the bag for defects.

I'm hoping that the one I get from the factory will have a smooth sliding zipper. I was already in love with the bag in the short time I got to carry it.

I received my Francine last week and I also noticed one side does unzip very easy and the other side sticks a little. Maybe this is a common problem. If you go back to get it fixed please post a tread and let us know how the new one works.

Every time I inquire about problems and repairs (usually "what if" situations), I get very different responses from diff. SAs and stores. I think it really depends on who you deal with, and if you don't like the answer you get at one store or with one person, try another one till you like the answer. I know there are some SAs out there that take care of the problem quickly and will usually just try to replace your bag for you right away. But others are not that helpful. Last time I had a question, and I didn't like the answer, I quoted this forum and the person got the manager to help me.

2 years is what I was told for D&B. I think Coach is for the life of the bag, but that's whatever they consider the "life" to be...5-7 yrs based on the style issue from what a SA said. But again, I've heard of cases where they have fixed or given merchandise credit (coupons) for older bags too.

Every time I inquire about problems and repairs (usually "what if" situations), I get very different responses from diff. SAs and stores. I think it really depends on who you deal with, and if you don't like the answer you get at one store or with one person, try another one till you like the answer. I know there are some SAs out there that take care of the problem quickly and will usually just try to replace your bag for you right away. But others are not that helpful. Last time I had a question, and I didn't like the answer, I quoted this forum and the person got the manager to help me.

2 years is what I was told for D&B. I think Coach is for the life of the bag, but that's whatever they consider the "life" to be...5-7 yrs based on the style issue from what a SA said. But again, I've heard of cases where they have fixed or given merchandise credit (coupons) for older bags too.

Well, I'll be receiving the new one in a few days and will definitely try BOTH zippers. It really is a beautiful purse and I want it to work so bad, but I'm not willing to pay that much for it and have it 95% satisfaction. You know? This is the first purse I have bought anywhere but Nordstrom's in several years (except for ordering my Kooba directly from Kooba) and I know Nordstrom will take it back with no questions asked. I'm not one of those customers who abuses the priviledge, but it's not a $100 purse either. I hope I'm not making a mistake by buying a Coach.

I've had no problems so far, except feeling like I might have to prove that it wasn't worn.

What kind of feeling do you all get when you walk in a Coach store? Sometimes I feel like they think I'm going to take something and I can well afford to shop there. Maybe it's because I'm not a "regular". They just seem to "swarm" when you walk in the door. Maybe it's because there isn't much for them to do. No merchandise to straighten or anything.