Feedback/Etiquette Question

kers

Apr 2, 2008
I have a question about ebay etiquette, because I don't want to overstep as a buyer. I recently purchased a designer bag for several hundred dollars from a seller on ebay. It was not listed as NWT, but the seller did say it was a "floor model" and listed two minor flaws. When the bag arrived, the exterior is in great shape, but the interior seems, to me, to have been clearly used--there is wear on the lining, and on one long stretch the lining has a run in it where a thread was pulled.

If I had known about the damage, I might have still bought the bag, but I would have set my limit lower by $50 or $75. Is etiquette to address this via ebay messaging, and then feedback?

Always give the seller a chance to make it right. Go ahead and send the seller an email detailing your concerns, using the "contact seller" feature on Ebay. The seller may offer you a partial refund, or just an apology, or nothing. Then you can base your feedback on that. But always give the seller a chance before leaving feedback. ;)

Always give the seller a chance to make it right. Go ahead and send the seller an email detailing your concerns, using the "contact seller" feature on Ebay. The seller may offer you a partial refund, or just an apology, or nothing. Then you can base your feedback on that. But always give the seller a chance before leaving feedback. ;)

Very good advice! :tup: