Good ideas for a contest?

jc2239

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
I was hoping you ladies could help me out. I'm holding a little giveaway and was wondering if anybody had any ideas as to a good way to choose the winner. I don't want to go the whole I'll choose a random number on a certain date route-I want it to be something fun, but I'm at a loss for ideas.

I was thinking that maybe I'd give the prize to whoever offered me the most helpful suggestion for improving my blog, but I know that would be ridiculously hard to judge and I wouldn't be able to choose. I was also thinking perhaps a PF-esque tell me how many pieces of candy are in the jar, but I'm out of candy and clear jars at the moment :P.

I know all the ladies here are much more creative than I am-so any ideas? It's a cosmetics-related giveaway so maybe something relating to that theme would work...

TIA!!! :flowers:

Hold a quiz related to past blog entries. Pick a winner out of the folks that get the answers correct. Maybe have one essay question and use that to determine the real winner.

^^ great suggestion purly! but involves waaay too much reading on my part :P.

Put all your lip glosses in a jar and see who can guess how many! :P

i was actually thinking about this (or eyeshadows in a jar) but it seemed too easy! it's on fun if there isn't a bit of a challenge. although having people guess the number of meteorites pearls in my jar isn't really all that challenging either :girlsigh:. i'm just hoping a lot of people participate!

Have people post the most interesting fact about a topic they can scrounge up. There was one I heard recently that was about Switzerland and some of those facts were pretty funny to read through.

Have people post a youtube video or picture in tribute to your blog. That could also get you a lot of exposure.

You could have a referral contest: have people tell a friend about your blog. Have the friend email you with both people's names & draw randomly from there. A little complicated, but it could work.