TPF member sold me a fake :(

This is actually my first post but I've been reading TPF since last year. I have learned a lot from this site but I guess not enough to protect myself from an ebay seller who claims she's part of the purse forum and does not condone buying and selling of fakes. I am so upset right now that I immediately signed up to tell my story.

I already sent her an email about the fake LV purse she sent me. I don't know if I should report her immediately to ebay/paypal. I took pictures of the item immediately upon receiving. I am still in disbelief and very upset :cursing:. Sorry my first post is on the negative. I wish it was the other way around.:sad:

Sorry to hear about this. Did you ask her for her TPF ID? I bought once from a member here and I asked her for her ID and she gave it to me. I was then able to do some background check on here. Good luck and I hope you get your money back.

I'm terribly sorry about your experience - it's really awful.

It's always good to check bags in the "authenticate this" forums - because anyone can be a member of tPF, it doesn't necessarily mean that they have authentic bags.

Though most people here are not like this!!! Don't hate all of us :flowers:

here are the pictures. it's a mini lin bucket. no, i haven't checked her here since she might be using a different handle anyway. i've been eyeing a few LV pieces that she sold in the past but I always end up either second or my best offer wasn't accepted. I was so happy when she gave me a second chance offer (she said the original winner was from asia and they didn't agree on the terms). well now I wish I didn't accept it.

iriscole - i love TPF...:flowers:

Here are a few pictures I took. As soon as I looked at the stitching I knew it was fake.:tdown:

Attachments

• IMG_1556.JPG
    IMG_1556.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1557.JPG
    IMG_1557.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 258
Hmm, I think this will end up being moved to the authentication thread but in the meantime, can you take pictures of the date code (on the inner pocket) and the heat stamp (where it says "Louis Vuitton Paris made in ___", should be below the zipper).

Also, another thing that goes around is that some people just register so that they can say they're a member of TPF and don't condone fakes, yadda yadda, but they rarely ever post.
I'd really hate to think that a trusted TPFer knowningly sold you a fake.

Hello - the best thing to do would be to post pictures in the authenticate this thread. Once it has been determined that the item is in actuality a fake, then the members of the eBay forum can help you file a claim.

Did you contact this tPF member prior to closing the eBay transaction to confirm that she was a member of the forum ?

here are the pictures. it's a mini lin bucket. no, i haven't checked her here since she might be using a different handle anyway. i've been eyeing a few LV pieces that she sold in the past but I always end up either second or my best offer wasn't accepted. I was so happy when she gave me a second chance offer (she said the original winner was from asia and they didn't agree on the terms). well now I wish I didn't accept it.

iriscole - i love TPF...:flowers:

Here are a few pictures I took. As soon as I looked at the stitching I knew it was fake.:tdown:

Did you message her before buying and then ask what her name is on here? Always confirm to make sure that story is true. Even if the name is just on the watermark or something and they don't explicitly say they're a member. I'm sorry this happened to you, but if we don't know if this person is actually a member, then the forum can't be liable for it. If they are, then that person should be banned.

Did you message her before buying and then ask what her name is on here? Always confirm to make sure that story is true. Even if the name is just on the watermark or something and they don't explicitly say they're a member. I'm sorry this happened to you, but if we don't know if this person is actually a member, then the forum can't be liable for it. If they are, then that person should be banned.

Totally agree!! Sorry this has happened to you.

Let's be realistic it was only a matter of time before counterfeiters began registering on TPF and claiming to be a member, its not like we have to submit receipts to the Vlad or anything,...sorry this happen, we aren't all frauds over here and there are ALOT of good threads to help you resolve this matter and recoup your money...so you have come to the right place, sadly though under bad circumstances.