I need new collar and leash. What to get?

Mediana

~Travelista~
O.G.
May 7, 2007
My favorite leatherleash is now in two pieces and I need a new one. Any suggestions for something utterly fabulous, (or just practical) for a stylish dog? ;)

oh i really need advice as well...my cat is almost a year old and he's never worn a collar however everytime i've tried he gets agitated with it and litterally spends all day trying to get it off...i always end up taking it off because in the process of trying to take the collar off..he bumps into everything imagineable and makes just a HUGE mess....

I assume you have a outdoor cat. Hmm.. I don't have any good advise. But try to put it on and play with the cat for about 5 min and see if he "forgets" about the collar. Than take it off and try again the next dag .. and prolong the time he has it on, each time. Perhaps it's to tight?

Go to Lucky Fiona on etsy.com. Her collars are so cute! You can also ask for a custom order for the leash, I"ve done it twice. The collars are around $14 and leashes are $20 and they are hand made.

I have several Lupine martingale collars. They come in cute woven in patterns and are very high quality. The martingale slips over the head and when the leash is clipped to the ring on the loop bit of the collar the collar tightens up so it cannot slip off. Very nice for a coated dog as it doesn't need to be tight to stay on and the loop works as a very short leash. Search on the net for these for smaller dogs, some reason not listed on the site.
http://www.lupinepet.com/

If it were me, I would get another leather leash and find a pretty collar to go with it. :rolleyes: I am rather attached to my leather leather leash....

Are you looking for a leather collar? or a nylon? I use a limited slip, I think they are the same as what Kathy uses, except they slip over the head.

You can get all kinds of fancy ones, just depends on what you have in mind. My bf had a leather one made with silver hearts and studs, she has one that has a strip that holds letter charms and it spells out her name, she has a wide round studded leather, a pink plaid, a blue Coach collar, a denim one with "turquoise" beads, two limited slips....that is all I can think of, but they have some really cute collars out there.

Actually we have a lot of different collars and leashes that I use for different purposes. My SO prefers the ones in nylon from Ella Dish, Bella Bean and wagwear. He thinks they are lighter and more confortable but I prefer leather. I usually use a collar by a swedish saddle company. It's so well made and gentle for the dog. I love it.
92137_2_36_p.jpg
The leash I used was a simple leather leash. Nothing special of fancy but now its broken. I have another leather one, thats made from Elk skinn that its so soft and lovely that I'm afraid to use it. I don't want it to get dirty or get some rain on it. Ok I know its sound odd, but It's smooth like a Chanel bag in lammskin :P.

Collars and leashes are like bags, You can not have to many of them, but perhaps you are right. I should just get a new one like the one I had.

Doesn't sound odd.....my leather leash is smooth, not like a chanel bag though.... I may have to look into an elkskin for the obedience ring.:rolleyes:

Maybe you could get a nylon to use when he walks the dog, and a leather for when you do! Perfect! :yes:

Doesn't sound odd.....my leather leash is smooth, not like a chanel bag though.... I may have to look into an elkskin for the obedience ring.

Elkskin is the smoothest thing. You can find a lot of things here www.jokke.com

Maybe you could get a nylon to use when he walks the dog, and a leather for when you do! Perfect! :yes:

This is how we done it for the last 4 years :smile: