Tough, inexpensive work totes?

Selena777

Apr 10, 2008
I'm a fashion-conscious (okay, obsessed) college senior who's preparing to venture into the "real world", and I need to find some really dependable totes... a gray one for summer/spring and a black one for fall/winter. Can anyone recommend some especially tough brands that won't break the bank? I've heard good things about Marc Jacobs, but the only things I could theoretically afford are in the Special line, and I'm balking at the idea of spending more than $20 (yeah, I know) on a purse. My more "liberal" price range is $100 and under. I have an affinity for classic style, so I'm looking for a structured bag that is sans a large ostentatious logo or a pattern consisting thereof.

I have a Dooney tote that I carry my laptop and everything else in.. it has been used and abused and still looks great! I use it every day for work, and also when I travel road trips & air... It hols everything, and has metal feet so the bottom still looks fine!

I couldn't find the exact one like mine, but this is similar...http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=281926&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results#

FYI I got my on sale at Dillard's for $125. Originally $180?

Victorinox (the people who make the original swiss army knife) have some great stuff. My old boss had been carrying one of their bags for more than 10 years. I recently saw some of their stuff at TJ Maxx like totes, laptop bags, and luggage.