Colored handbags + more then one?

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Is there really a need?
How many black, brown, white/cream bags do you have ? Is there a real reason you have more then one black, brown, white/cream bag? If so, how do you decided which you're going to use. How did you know enough is enough with the black bags?

Reason I ask is i' trying to keep my collection USABLE. I can see a black bag that is for shoulder and one for hand held we all need a change.But when happens when you look in your closest and see 3 black bags, different fabric and all shoulder bags ?

Give me your thoughts on this....

I honestly thought I couldn't live without 95864653212359 different bags but now, after having done with just 2 (YES, I sad TWO!!!:nuts:) for the last six months or so, I feel there IS life after downsizing ... :lol:

I really try not to - if I have 3 shoulder bags that are black, they would have to be very different - like one small one for going out, one nylon waterproof one, and one large dressy work type.

That said, even if I can justify all my bags, I still have WAY too many!

I really try not to - if I have 3 shoulder bags that are black, they would have to be very different - like one small one for going out, one nylon waterproof one, and one large dressy work type.

That said, even if I can justify all my bags, I still have WAY too many!

Wow, I'm glad you can justify all of them.I think I'm just obsessed.

two bag ...:wtf:
May I ask which to bags you're living with ?

I know!!!:nuts: Can you believe it?! I try NOT to look at the old pics of all the bags I used to have - otherwise I will probably buy them all back!:lol: But seriously, the two bags I have left are my black 35cm Birkin and yellow Balenciaga Part-Time. Those two seem to cover pretty much every occasion :shocked: ... who knew?!

I also have two clutches (one dressy and one casual) for evenings/day outings where I don't need a big purse but I don't really count them as "handbags".

^^ I guess when you look at it the black birkin is HELLO td4 and can take you season to season. Yellow is a nice punch for summer. Good for you. You are braver then I could be.

I can't buy two bags in the same color. My one exception is that I have two purple bags, and that's because one of them my fiance bought me and I can't sell it. I think I would buy two bags in one color if they were sufficiently different (like a small purse and a bigger shoulder bag) but I wouldn't buy two blue hobos or two silver bucket bags.

I don't see anything wrong with having more than one bag in one color. It's the same with shoes. You can have a simple, closed toe black shoe or a dressier black strappy sandal. You have to consider size/shape, not just color. What if a black bag would go with your dress, but you wanted to wear a clutch and all you have is a black tote?

This is how I'm keeping myself in check about buying bags!

Mostly, my wardrobe is black, white, red, khaki some green and few splashes of bright color from time to time.

Right now, the bags I have in heavy rotation are one black bag, one red bag, one green bag, and one dark brown bag.

these are the bags that seem to go with the most in my wardrobe.

I also have a some other bags that I just don't carry that much... and clutches, etc for evening...

but I find that even when I'm shopping for a bag, I seem to be drawn to red or black or brown bags... and since I already have bags in these colors, that makes it easy to resist the temptation....

of course, I think I need a good neutral khaki color and possibly white... but haven't found bags that I love yet in those colors!

But I'm sure i will. :shame:

I've never owned or bought a black handbag but I have had many brown ones - I LOVE the colors brown and wine for handbags and will buy more than one simply because I like various styles! I generally don't have a lot of handbags on hand at one time though - I have only 3 in my closet right now, 2 are brown and 1 is wine. I usually carry a handbag until it wears out or I become tired of it, in which case I'll then usually donate it to charity or give it to my daughter if she wants it.

Linda

Almost every bag I own is some shade of blue or purple. I can't help it, I just love those colors. Even when I find a bag I like in another color, like black, the second I start shopping around for it, I'll see it in purple, and go "Oooooo!" and of course, that's the one I end up buying.

I think it works for me because I wear those colors the most. On the occasions when I wear black, I think a pop of color from my handbag complements the outfit anyway!

I do try to keep from buying similar styles though. I learned that if I owned two similar styles, the same size, in the same color, only one of them would ever get much use.

I don't see anything wrong with having bags in the same color, even if they are the same style.
Let's be honest: how many pair of jeans do we all have (practically the same)? how many pair of black/brown shoes do we have? or black trousers?
Maybe I'm in the minority but I would have to answer that I have quite some "duplicates" that are still different enough IMO to justify having them.

I have a friend who has stuck religiously for years to a 2 bag rule. She's a schoolteacher and needs a fairly big bag to hold papers and stuff. For as long as I can remember she has carried identical soft leather bags - black for winter and white for summer. Not the same ones obviously!

As for myself, I'm currently downsizing my bag collection....it seems to have been growing like a triffid. I definitely plan to keep my 2 black Prada nylons, a cream leather Prada, a Prada bowler. Also, the black pebbled leather Dolce and Gabbana I have just bought, and a black Balenciaga City. But I suppose I should also keep my green canvas Marc Jacobs and a small brown Givenchy. Oh, this is awful! I have already to decided to sell four or five bags I bought on impulse but rarely use. I wish I had been more like my sensible teacher friend! I really can no longer justify the bag drooling and purchasing!

I'm trying to thin mine out, just a matter of which ones.... Its hard.
I have a friend who has stuck religiously for years to a 2 bag rule. She's a schoolteacher and needs a fairly big bag to hold papers and stuff. For as long as I can remember she has carried identical soft leather bags - black for winter and white for summer. Not the same ones obviously!

As for myself, I'm currently downsizing my bag collection....it seems to have been growing like a triffid. I definitely plan to keep my 2 black Prada nylons, a cream leather Prada, a Prada bowler. Also, the black pebbled leather Dolce and Gabbana I have just bought, and a black Balenciaga City. But I suppose I should also keep my green canvas Marc Jacobs and a small brown Givenchy. Oh, this is awful! I have already to decided to sell four or five bags I bought on impulse but rarely use. I wish I had been more like my sensible teacher friend! I really can no longer justify the bag drooling and purchasing!