Louboutin Hall of Shame - post fakes here

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxlover

O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
I just learned for the first time last night after looking at the CL bargains page here that CL's are now being faked. After a little research to better protect myself when I buy on ebay in the future. I am appalled by what I have discovered!

On ioffer.com they are selling fake CL's for 230-280 USD a pair & they have people willingly paying this price for shoes they know are fake!! 250 average for a pair of fake shoes!!??!!

When NM went down to their final consolidation sale this season it was possible to get CL's for around 250ish at NM!!

Why would anyone pay so much money for something they know is fake?!

I find all of this a little mind boggling so I just had to vent here...sorry.

The Buying & Selling of Counterfeits is a huge source of frustration for me.

Though I'm not crazy about seeing slimy Steve Madden's and awful Aldo's shelves full of designer knock offs, I can tell the difference. They make crap for the masses – and overpriced given the low quality.

I guess I'm okay with people buying styles inspired by luxury designers, even though I do wish these stores could come up with their own styles instead of copying others, but whatever... Not everyone can afford (or wants to pay) the high prices that some of us are are willing to, but buying or selling a counterfeit is flat-out stealing.

People who buy counterfeits are supporting a very ugly and inhumane industry. It hurts not only the luxury designers, but the poorly treated workers and transporters of these goods. They use dangerous work practices and have no care for their employees.

I see tons of women mobbing Canal street on the weekends, toting mounds of black plastic bags filled with fake Prada, Gucci and whatever they can frantically get their hands on. I can't help but to feel offended by this lack of awareness or care.

I'd take a no name bag or shoe any day over a fake brand name.

Thank you for listening to my rant....:shame:

I think for eBay we should take the time to report the fakes so it'll be safer for all our members here and future members when buying CL's.
I do all the time!!! The more of us that do this, the less you will hopefully see. I do it to help out all those poor people bidding on these fakes with out even knowing it. I feel bad because they are shelling out all this money for nothing..its a waste.

My most frequent reporting is of those listings that use the word Louboutin in their title and/or description to catch all the "louboutin" searches. :nogood: It's annoying and, more importantly, misleading to see those descriptions.
I think for eBay we should take the time to report the fakes so it'll be safer for all our members here and future members when buying CL's.

I do all the time!!! The more of us that do this, the less you will hopefully see. I do it to help out all those poor people bidding on these fakes with out even knowing it. I feel bad because they are shelling out all this money for nothing..its a waste.

BEWARE!
These are item #'s are FAKE...
320241777869​
I reported all of them, but the more people that report them, the better & faster they will be taken off.
They are of VP's & Arkitects(sp?)​

^^^
After reporting these this is what message I got...

We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our
Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you
to bring such violations to our attention.

In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action
taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the
listing violates this policy, we will remove the listing or suspend the
seller. Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
repeatedly disregard policy.

If the item you reported does not appear on its face to violate this
policy, we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for
review. If the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is
infringing, they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the
listing. For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners,
please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/programs-vero-ov.html

For more information on eBay's Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy,
please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

Here's how to report a fake item:

There is an option at the bottom of the item's auction page that says

REPORT THIS ITEM

Click this, and you will have to make 3 choices
For the first, choose COUNTERFEITS & COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS
For the second, choose POTENTIAL TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
For the third, choose COUNTERFEIT CLOTHING, SHOES, SUNGLASSES & ACCESSORIES

Then, click the EMAIL US button.
The auction number will come up inside a box and you can either add other auction numbers to your list, by putting commas between them, or simply press SEND.

thanks for helping out! :flowers:

I contacted one of the sellers of these auctions because I wanted to see how they would respond to my question of where the shoes were purchased from, this is the response I got from seller fabulouspumps selling fake Very Prives (thankfully the listing has already been removed):

I have a deal with the supplier in Italy. These shoes go very, very fast. If you want them I can offer you very good "Buy It Now" price. I will have the ability to have Christian Louboutin parties in the near future. I would love to earn your business. take care!!!!

That's awful! All these fakes are really going to make it tough for us CL lovers to trade/sell shoes online...

Here's another fake:

270230199964 Patent/Cork Bruges

By the way, I had a "tPF member" with very poor english pm-ing to me asking for me to send her more detailed pictures of my shoes. She only has about 5 posts on the forum, and all are inquiring about buying other people's shoes. Obviously, I didn't send her any pix. There was clearly something off about it. I'm terrible about watermarking my images, but I'm going to have to get better. I don't want to help this fraud in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.