When you look at it this way... kind of depressing!

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
I was in accounting class and my teacher was talking about hypothetically buying a car and estimated a Honda Civic costing $25,000...

As always my mind was thinking about Chanel, and right away I realized that that's the price of about 9-10 Jumbos!

It made the handbags seem really expensive! Like 10 purses, or one car...

I know this probably isn't an issue for most of you, but it was a big eye opener for me!! (yet I still am planning on getting a med flap hopefully soon!!)

haha i dont know about other people here, but YES i have think about this A long long time ago...but not with chanel bags but with hermes...imagine that a civic is 25,000, u only can get birkin 35cm 3 pieces haha, and i just read an article bout a croco reissue chanel bag which is 26,000 hahahhahha its actually 1000 more ex than a normal car =) crazy? yeah we are living in a crazy world and i am still buying my chanels hahahha

OMG, it's okay... I completely had this thought the other day! It's kind of sad because the cost of a jumbo these days is more than some people's monthly mortgage payment.

OR given that some people will put 10k as a down payment on the average car, that's only like 3 Chanels. -Okay, I am not thinking about this anymore, it's making me second guess my purchases. LOL

haha i dont know about other people here, but YES i have think about this A long long time ago...but not with chanel bags but with hermes...imagine that a civic is 25,000, u only can get birkin 35cm 3 pieces haha, and i just read an article bout a croco reissue chanel bag which is 26,000 hahahhahha its actually 1000 more ex than a normal car =) crazy? yeah we are living in a crazy world and i am still buying my chanels hahahha

Actually, the cost of one civic isn't even enough for a 35cm croc birkin! If the thought of this wasn't bad enough :P

JANNNNY: I KNOWWW hahuahahauah i was going to write that but i dont think its proper becaue keep on mentioning hermes while this is chanel forum hahahahhahahah. YES and it is crazy =)

Liberte: wait where are you located? I just found out my car cost 3x the price in Singapore! I was SHOCKED -and ACTUALLY thought how many more Chanels you could buy with that, so it's funny you mentioned it. LOL

loveaddict: it's all relative! LOL, I don't mind if you mention H -but that might just be me! ;)