These petty buyers are getting on my nerves

I don't see a problem with a buyer asking you to just dress the box in flat rate box. If the buyer doesn't seem to care that it gets wrinkled why should you?!

I would have done the same thing i personally dont care how it's shipped if it's clothing. It will get cleaned anyway and yes i would want to save that $2.00

It doesn't matter if a item cost 2k and i got it for $95.00

I as a buyer HATE when i overcharged for shipping!

Ugghhhh I sell nothing buy high end items shoes, bags, etc.
and I start at .99 cents with no reserve(this probably contributes to all the cheapskates) now 3 buyers out of 42 auctions is complaining about $12.00 in shipping, etc. and I'm not even adding a surcharge.......what a pain in the bum:girlsigh:

One is explaining how the insurance should be $150.00, I'm like no:boxing: that's just what you paid the value is $500.00, and you would get your money back, I on the other hand would be out the money and the items.

Another wants me to bunch a dress up into a flat rate box just to save 2.00 when the dress is in perfectly pressed condition and could be sent in a dress box......then she has the nerve to say "I will address in my feedback", I let her know "feedback works two ways":cursing: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?????:confused1: The money they saved on the items, makes the reasonable shipping even less of an issue, I am really done with EBAY, its like the fleamarket of the world, and the buyer quality is reflective of that:yucky:
Don't mind me just ranting

Are you trying to say that you want the buyer to pay for a $500 insurance but then if the item gets lost you are planning to keep the rest? I'm sorry but if I'm your buyer and I paid for shipping AND insurance you better give me the $500 or I'll accuse you of mail fraud. :graucho:

Also if this happends to be an international buyer you are also costing them more in duty charges. :nogood:

I think the value is what someone is willing to pay for it, which in the case of ebay is the final bid. If the value was always the suggested retail price, then there would be no ebay , nor would there ever be any sales or clearances.

Yes, the final bid value determines the insured value. I once won an item on eBay, and when it arrived, it was in three pieces. The seller had not packaged it very well. I sent her photos, and we started a claim at the post office, because it was shipped insured.

I took them the broken item, and a printout of the retail value from the online store that originally sold it. They told me that since I got it on eBay, (it was kind of obvious, since it was not shipped from the online store in question, nor did I have an invoice from them) I needed to bring them a print out of the auction page, and that would determine the value, NOT the amount it was worth new.

I did end up getting a full refund from the seller, so I wasn't out anything in the end. I don't know what she got from the post office, if anything, but the bottom line is that the eBay auction was the determination of the actual value by the post office for claims purposes.

Are you trying to say that you want the buyer to pay for a $500 insurance but then if the item gets lost you are planning to keep the rest? I'm sorry but if I'm your buyer and I paid for shipping AND insurance you better give me the $500 or I'll accuse you of mail fraud. :graucho:

Also if this happends to be an international buyer you are also costing them more in duty charges. :nogood:

Exactly! The value of the item is the winning bid, which is what the item should be insured for. I'm in Europe, and I have to pay 25% customs plus a $20 handling fee, so if a seller insured for $500 when I only paid $150 I would be livid!

Like I said I sent it, and even refunded her some money as it was less, ,my problem is estimating shipping, I have been eating shipping costs all week.....oh well cas-sa-ra-sa-ra