Birkin questions, please help before i make a mistake.

Narkeasha

Retired Model
O.G.
Sep 3, 2006
Hi guys, I am just about to purchase my first Birkin. I have so many questions but just help me with the important ones first.
The Birkin I ordered is 35 Taupe.

1) Does 35 Taupe not come with gold hardware?
2) Is AUD $11,500 about USD $10,780 too expensive for 35 Birkin? Please help state the price for a 35 in your country.
3) Are there no Birkins displayed on shelf in an Hermes boutique in your country?

Thank you all for your help.

Etoupe 35 with gold hardware is gorgeous, I think that's a perfect combination. The price in my country for a 35 clemence is USD9674 at the current exchange rates & never have I seen birkins on the shelves, probably never will!

Oh, sorry, can't help with the hardware Q, but I bought a 35 Clemence last August in Holland and it was €5230 euro, converts to AU$8900 - THEN take about €700/AU$1200 off as a tax refund.

ETA - OMG, that's nearly an AU$4000 difference. Geez.

Was it just sitting on the shelf in Holland or did u order it?

Oh, sorry, can't help with the hardware Q, but I bought a 35 Clemence last August in Holland and it was €5230 euro, converts to AU$8900 - THEN take about €700/AU$1200 off as a tax refund.

ETA - OMG, that's nearly an AU$4000 difference. Geez.

Thanks, may know which country or you from? Hermes here told me that they do not make taupe with gold hardware although that was what i originally ordered

Etoupe 35 with gold hardware is gorgeous, I think that's a perfect combination. The price in my country for a 35 clemence is USD9674 at the current exchange rates & never have I seen birkins on the shelves, probably never will!

Was it just sitting on the shelf in Holland or did u order it?
I was living there at the time and have just moved back to Australia. I did order it, but (I assume) I was offered one that either the store ordered for themselves or was decline from another prior order. Either way, thankfully it came in a couple of months before I left (which is why I could get the tax back).

Hi guys, I am just about to purchase my first Birkin. I have so many questions but just help me with the important ones first.
The Birkin I ordered is 35 Taupe.

1) Does 35 Taupe not come with gold hardware?
2) Is AUD $11,500 about USD $10,780 too expensive for 35 Birkin? Please help state the price for a 35 in your country.
3) Are there no Birkins displayed on shelf in an Hermes boutique in your country?

Thank you all for your help.

To answer your questions:

1) yes, 35cm does come with GH
2) Costs in Australia are much more than the US. IN the US, they are about $8300-8600, somewhere around there.
3) yes, there are birkins on shelves in the US, but they go lickety split!

Oh my god, so ur definately sure the taupe comes in gold hardware? They lied, I really wanna the gold HW. I'm gonna go ask them again.
Thanks so much
Also is it true that the JPG is no longer in production?

To answer your questions:

1) yes, 35cm does come with GH
2) Costs in Australia are much more than the US. IN the US, they are about $8300-8600, somewhere around there.
3) yes, there are birkins on shelves in the US, but they go lickety split!

Is it also true that they do hold deposit money?

When I ordered a Birkin 40 with GH in January, the SA initially said H would ask for a deposit (40s don't move off the shelf as quickly as 35s or 30s, and many people who order 40s turn them down when they arrive in the boutique because they find them too big).

In the end, I was NOT asked for a deposit. I remember asking tPF at the time, and I don't think anyone said they'd paid a deposit.

My boutique is in Canada.