Paypal SNAD Dispute Help!!

tomodachi

Sep 14, 2006
Hi,

I just won SNAD paypal dispute and Paypal favors me (seller) and the case is closed.

Her email :

FYI, I filed a chargeback with my bank and am no longer dealing
with paypal. Please provide an address for me to return the bag to
you. If you do not provide an address, I'll just keep it. thanks!

Buyer emailed me that she will return the bag because she already file chargeback w/ her CC?? I'm not sure how that works. Am I safe already?? Or still possible if CC w/ charge Paypal and Paypal will charge me again?

TKS

If the CC company finds in her favour and Paypal has to pay out to them, they will take it out of your account, yes. Make sure you keep all communication relating to the transaction and dispute, and get all supporting documentation from Paypal to support the reasons as to why you won the claim. Don't let her win the chargeback! It frustrates me so much to see so many people using chargebacks as ATMs. It's still stealing.
Good luck!

But her email seems like she has the option to return the bag or she can keep it?

Why doesnt she keep the bag instead and resell it? Why whould she bother to return to me? It's kinda suspicious

Should I accept her return?

tks

How do you know she in fact filed a chargeback? IF she did filed it, the bank will notify PayPal and PayPal will notify you. Don't accept any returns for now. Good luck!

Tell her that you don't provide your address until you hear a request from her cc company or PayPal. You also tell her that you are ready w/ all documentation to send to her cc company per request. Tell her "good luck"... I am so happy for you that you won this with PayPal.

Don't we hate this? it's like every time the buyer files a claim, you have 2 fights to fight, not just PayPal... PayPal and cc company, and not like we make a lot of money to have to go thru this, some of us just want to clean out the closet and get rid of stuffs we don't use at a significant cheap price...

I think you should tell her to hold onto the bag - otherwise if she sends it back then she could use that documentation with her cc company and it would weaken your case.

I'm not sure if she still wants to get her money back by returning it or maybe she wants to give me the bag for free..
She is trying to sound confident that she will successfully charge back to her CC. By getting your address and sending the bag to you she will have more chance as she can say you accepted the return. I think the right thing is to wait for the outcome of her CC appeal. Losing the Paypal case is not in her favour. Glad to hear you won the case.

Yeah, that's what I thought ...if I were her, i would definitely keep the bag or resell again right?

But, according on Paypal Chargeback FAQ , if I won Paypal dispute, I will be protected against future claims/chargeback. So , I assume that I should be safe..or maybe not?

If a seller amicably resolves a PayPal dispute or wins a claim, is the seller covered against chargebacks?

Yes, if you amicably resolve a dispute through the Resolution Center, Paypal will protect you 100% against any future claim, chargeback or bank reversal the buyer may file for that transaction.
To be covered, however, the seller must honor agreements made with the buyer during the dispute resolution process. And, if the chargeback comes in before the dispute or claim is resolved, the seller will not be covered

Yes, if you amicably resolve a dispute through the Resolution Center, Paypal will protect you 100% against any future claim, chargeback or bank reversal the buyer may file for that transaction.
To be covered, however, the seller must honor agreements made with the buyer during the dispute resolution process. And, if the chargeback comes in before the dispute or claim is resolved, the seller will not be covered

It sounds as if you're covered now. Paypal should now block any attempts by her cc for a chargeback.

I filed a chargeback on my cc for a fake LV I received and they are giving me a very hard time, so getting a chargeback is not always easy she will have to have some sort of proof for her chargeback. She might just be telling you this to return the bag.

I guess winning chargeback/paypal dispute for fake items are a lot easier because you can always get written statement from mypoupette..I won paypal dispute for receiving fake bags before. It's pretty straightforward. I just need to provide letter from mypoupette and Paypal refund my money right away..

Paypal even ask me to send the bag to them, not returning the bag to the seller...

I guess winning chargeback/paypal dispute for fake items are a lot easier because you can always get written statement from mypoupette..I won paypal dispute for receiving fake bags before. It's pretty straightforward. I just need to provide letter from mypoupette and Paypal refund my money right away..

Paypal even ask me to send the bag to them, not returning the bag to the seller...

I am confused.... Are you the buyer or seller? Why PayPal asked you to send the bag to them? I thought you are the seller. The bag should be with the buyer now, isn't it?