Saying good-bye to some of my girls

IrishMommy2four

MMmmmmmmMJ
Sep 26, 2007
Did you ever buy and buy and BUY and then wonder what the heck had you done?! :confused1::shrugs::confused1:

Ya, that's been me for the past two months, LOL. I've aquired a few too many bags that I really don't *love*. A few I've never even put to use, even after stalking them for days.
I think many times I see a bargain and have a hard time passing it up- but then get it home and realize it's sooooooo not my style.

For example, two gorgeous bags; a petunia pink Stella and a lilac (lavendar?) Sophia. Upon seeing both of them I was more drawn to the color combinations (pink and orange, purple and green) but I'm just not a pastel person. Although I initially thought, "wow great spring colors!" I just don't own much that would constitute carrying such girly colors, lol.

Even my beloved sap green Sophia......I LOVE the color, but the size....not so much. I have to have room for every day items and the occasional sippy cup and let's not forget diaper (lol!) And I can't fit as much as I'd like in her so I think she must go :crybaby:

I love my large MP, my new to me large Ursula, and I have a mouse grey e/w stam on the way and know I will be using these a lot since they are more roomy. Knowing the other girls are going ignored in my closet, I feel I must purge......

I must stop my night time shopping!!! It's getting me in too much trouble! :angel:

Yes I do have a really hard time passing up a bargain. The pluses have been that i have been able to try on for size and get to know bags I probably wouldn't have bothered if it were a retail store purchase. AT first I was afraid to sell any of them even the ones I knew I would never carry, I was afraid I would regret letting my good deal go and then find I missed it. I've only regretted selling one of them. But I think someday maybe I'll collect them.
By the way I have a lavender zc with silver hardware coming to me(I think) that matches your sophia.

Yes I do have a really hard time passing up a bargain. The pluses have been that i have been able to try on for size and get to know bags I probably wouldn't have bothered if it were a retail store purchase. AT first I was afraid to sell any of them even the ones I knew I would never carry, I was afraid I would regret letting my good deal go and then find I missed it. I've only regretted selling one of them. But I think someday maybe I'll collect them.
By the way I have a lavender zc with silver hardware coming to me(I think) that matches your sophia.

I'm glad someone else can understand my dilemma! Sometimes is tough to be such a bargain shopper!!! ;)

btw, do ya happen to be in the market for a Sophia? :graucho: LOL!

I've been pretty good about buying bags that I really love and that are large enough for me. I have passed on so many bags that have caught my eye, but I know I need to forget about, because of the size issue. Also, some colors just won't work with my wardrobe, so I figure I shouldn't spend that much $$$ on it. I have definitely slowed down. I have so many bags and I need to use them all. I am saving up for sales and those gorgeous Fall bags. If you don't use some of your bags, I think it is wise to sell them.

I totally know what you mean! When I first discovered MJ, I went overboard as well... after a bit of buying and reselling, I've finally settled down and slowed down my impulse buying. Now I try to focus on bags that I know that I like, and patiently wait for them to go on sale or listed on ebay.

I totally know what you mean! When I first discovered MJ, I went overboard as well... after a bit of buying and reselling, I've finally settled down and slowed down my impulse buying. Now I try to focus on bags that I know that I like, and patiently wait for them to go on sale or listed on ebay.

:yes: That's exactly what I went through too. I was a bit of a freak with buying at first but have finally pared down to the bags I love: wine Stella, black Stella, sap green Venetia, and a Grape large hobo. Oh and a sort of obsession with LV, but that's another story. :lol:

:yes: That's exactly what I went through too. I was a bit of a freak with buying at first but have finally pared down to the bags I love: wine Stella, black Stella, sap green Venetia, and a Grape large hobo. Oh and a sort of obsession with LV, but that's another story. :lol:

You openly tell us that you are committing adultery with LV, how dare you?!

Actually, everyone of the posters who answered I can relate with. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with MJ, not so much the new items, but the soft calf leather in all of those gorgeous shades..so I still need to slow down a bit. IrishMommy, I am completely with you,it seems that these past few months I've been buying and buying so much that I often forget what I got.It seems like Hanukkah allover again when I look in my closet,and think to myself "Ooh, I forgot I have this."

oh no... I just started my MJ obsession, and it's full steam ahead right now on ebay.....
:hrmm::choochoo:
hmmmm, I should really think through my decisions before I start my next move.....

You openly tell us that you are committing adultery with LV, how dare you?!

well, both mj and lv share the same creative director, so it's not really cheating...i love that watercolor speedy. if i knew that i would use it, i'd buy it, but it's like the prada fairy bag. i just want it, so that i can admire it all day long.

irishmommy, i'm with you. i just got rid of my older soft calf bags and now i'm gearing up to sell all of my mbmj bags. i realized that the styles don't really fit me anymore, and it's better this way. it's such a waste to have bags lying around that you either don't want to use anymore or only want to keep just to own it, kwim? the more excess i get rid of, the better i feel about my collection.

well, both mj and lv share the same creative director, so it's not really cheating...i love that watercolor speedy. if i knew that i would use it, i'd buy it, but it's like the prada fairy bag. i just want it, so that i can admire it all day long.

irishmommy, i'm with you. i just got rid of my older soft calf bags and now i'm gearing up to sell all of my mbmj bags. i realized that the styles don't really fit me anymore, and it's better this way. it's such a waste to have bags lying around that you either don't want to use anymore or only want to keep just to own it, kwim? the more excess i get rid of, the better i feel about my collection.

You have a point there Kim:lol: I agree with you, I think the watercolor speedy is so pretty, a piece of art. Dawn knows I'm teasing her, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't adulterous with Prada and LV.:graucho: