Remember the bidding war for the icy blk stam???

IrishMommy2four

MMmmmmmmMJ
Sep 26, 2007
The seller contacted me today to let me know the buyer is snubbing her on the sale of the GORGEOUS icy black Stam that we all were drooling over a few nights ago. She offered it to me for 500, but as luck would have it I won the mouse grey stam (minus the chain :cursing: ) for 599.00 soon after- MURPHY'S LAW I TELL YOU!!!!

My loss is your gain. Anyone interested, seller is very sweet and looking to (quickly) unload that lovely ASAP.

If I only had an extra 500.00 sitting around I'd be SO on this! But we are leaving for the Kentucky Oaks and Derby in two weeks and I've spent waaaay to much on my hats/dresses/heels/bags to feel alright dropping more cash on my wardrobe. :crybaby:

Hurry! Someone contact her quick! And I want to see pics from whomever the lucky lady is that gets her!

RUN!!!!!!!!:tup::woohoo::yes:

OMG OMG!!!

Thanks so much for the tip... I've contacted the seller. I just hope it's the right auction that I was watching??? I'll let you all know if I hear back from her...

Wish me luck! *crossing fingers*

That's kind of surprising. I wonder why she wouldn't try to offer it to the next people in line to buy it who bid? Like doing a second chance offer through ebay in a more "legit" context... She would probably be able to get closer to the top bidder's price for it if she did it that way too. It sounds too good to be true. I would be cautious, girls!

OH MY GOD!!! If i didnt have such issues with the weight of the stam i would SO be buying it!

1st season stams are much lighter than the current and newer ones -- they're made of Nappa leather which weighs a lot less than calf leather. I was so surprised at how much lighter my Petrol Stam was compared to my Topaz and Slate PW

I'm so tempted, but I know I really shouldn't!!!

That's kind of surprising. I wonder why she wouldn't try to offer it to the next people in line to buy it who bid? Like doing a second chance offer through ebay in a more "legit" context... She would probably be able to get closer to the top bidder's price for it if she did it that way too. It sounds too good to be true. I would be cautious, girls!

ITA, this seems really odd. Be careful. . .:s

ITA, this seems really odd. Be careful. . .:s

I dunno.......call me naive but I totally didn't get that vibe from her at all :shrugs:
Who knows, I could be wrong- but I really think she is an honest seller. She has gotten burned by the Bay a few times too many from what she explained to me.
I was the one that told her I was a TPF member and that many of us were watching the auction/bidding war; and I was *sure* someone would jump at the chance to snatch that bag up. I guess we soon shall see.......

well...

I heard back from the seller...

"It is totally amazing how fast word has gotten out on this...WOW I had no idea it was so popular..you all must think I'm stupid? Anyway I did offer it to one of the bidders and she is trying to come up with the money right now....if she does not I will probably re-list it.How do the blue Christy's do?"

So I guess my stam dream will have to wait...

We'll see if it gets re-listed

I dunno.......call me naive but I totally didn't get that vibe from her at all :shrugs:
Who knows, I could be wrong- but I really think she is an honest seller. She has gotten burned by the Bay a few times too many from what she explained to me.
I was the one that told her I was a TPF member and that many of us were watching the auction/bidding war; and I was *sure* someone would jump at the chance to snatch that bag up. I guess we soon shall see.......

Okay, okay, I may have spoken too soon. I emailed the seller just to ask what had happened (I had been in contact with her before about the frame), BTW I am not going after this. She does seem nice and normal. She is probably totally freaked out now though from all the messages she has gotten about this bag, lol.:flowers:

I hope it works out for one of you ladies. Please post pics if it does:heart:.

Derby did you say? Wow have a great time! Sorry about the icy black stam, but the grey sounds divine!

Thanks Divas and YES "The" Derby :yahoo:
Actually the Oaks race the day before as well. My hubster is a financial advisor and put lots of business thru a certain big wig in the insurance industry and was offered this as an incentive trip!
Millionaire's Row, haute hotel, celeb parties.......the whole bit. To say I am VERY excited is an understatement! :nuts:

Actually the Oaks race the day before as well. My hubster is a financial advisor and put lots of business thru a certain big wig in the insurance industry and was offered this as an incentive trip!
Millionaire's Row, haute hotel, celeb parties.......the whole bit. To say I am VERY excited is an understatement! :nuts:

Wow the PERKS! May I ask which hotels you are staying at? You must dine at Rivue if you have time, the food is great! It is such great fun there this time of the year, but I would suggest that if you have allergies that you prepare prior to going... it is so green and everything is in bloom.

Ok, I have a suggestion for a photo op with your beautiful MJ... You have to take a picture with one of the wonderful hats, side view, face hidden if you like with your MJ! Great fun!

Wow this whole Icy Black stam thing is interesting.

And so does the Derby! Most importantly, did you mention what BAG you're gonna be taking with you? :nuts: