Ways to get the best patina?

luxurista

O.G.
Jan 20, 2008
I would first like to say that yes, I have searched the forum. But mostly evryone talks about protecting the vachetta, etc. But anyways, I've seen some dirty looking patinas that were uneven or blackish (in real life - not here). And I've also seen some newer bags' vachetta appear to be greyish from accumulating dirt.

So, what is the best way to get an even, honey-colored beautiful patina? I mean, i understand that there will always be little blemishes and that no patina is absolutely perfect. but i'm trying to find the best way to manipulate the process, lol. leave it in the sun? apply some kind of oil? or maybe conditioner? i'd be so greatful if someone could let me know what worked for their bags.

oh, and can anyone tell me how the use of shining monkey turned out for them? did it slow the patina process? did it make it more even, etc?

any info would be awesome!!! :flowers:

I've always been wary about patina but I've never sprayed anything on my mono bags before for fear of ruining them. I just let patina develop on its own by letting the bag tan under the sun by my window. Having said that, Ive stopped buying mono bags because I cant seem to keep vachetta clean no matter how cautious I am:hysteric:

i'm wondering if i should just spray it with some shining monkey or use that stuff by Lovin My Bags called For Handles Only. Has anyone tried any of these?

and as for leaving it in the sun - will the leather become dry and cracked. could someone...ANYONE...PLEASE give me some advice on what to use (if i should even use a protector) and how to evenly patina them?

i'm wondering if i should just spray it with some shining monkey or use that stuff by Lovin My Bags called For Handles Only. Has anyone tried any of these?

and as for leaving it in the sun - will the leather become dry and cracked. could someone...ANYONE...PLEASE give me some advice on what to use (if i should even use a protector) and how to evenly patina them?

I use Appleguard conditioner to moisturize the leather and then use my LV a lot even under the sun. You'll see how the honey patina develops really nicely.

If you go to the FAQ Section, there are lots of threads about it! :flowers:

Cleaning/Protecting your LV FAQs