Just noticed: New Coach dustbags are so cheap!

Glamazon Huntress

Bagaholic for life
Jul 6, 2006
Hey you guys, so I just posted a rant about the new Coach dustbags on my fashion blog but I wanted your input too.
I noticed that the new dustbags are made of a cheaper material than the old cotton ones. The stiches are falling apart and threads are loose. Have you guys noticed this too?? I'm a bit worried about the company cutting corners and I'm afraid that the bags will suffer too. The old dustbags feel so much nicer and the stitching is a lot sturdier too.
What do you guys think? I posted comparison pics on my blog too so you could see the difference.

I just compared the differences between the two,and they are different than the older version.
I don't see any loose stitching on any of my new ones, and I don't put mine through any rigorous excersizes, they just sit on the shelf and do the job I need them to! However, I see what you mean. the newer bags that i have are of extremely good quality and i do not find that they are "skimping" on the quality of the bags.

so with that said, im really not sure wich dustbag is actually better.. the new ones are prettier lol

I wonder if it depends on the store you go to? I just got my diaper bag a couple months ago and it came with one of the old ones. IDK, I haven't bought a bag in a few months, so that could very well be. I do agree that the quality doesn't seem to be there though:tdown:

well, if you don't like the new ones, you probably will hate the newest ones. my navy satchel came with a white satin bag that looks to me like it would attract every piece of dust possible

When in doubt....the cheap-ie cotton pillow cases you can buy at Target make GREAT dust bags. I just roll down the extra fabric since they don't have drawstrings.

That's what I was going to say. Cotton is definitely more breathable than nylon.

Yes, this is true, and also the new ones have major static cling along with being too thin. I admit I've never been a huge fan of their dust bags in general, though, partly because the older ones seemed to skimpy at times.

I didn't realize they were shifting totally to the white dust bags... I just got a white one with my tattersall satchel (that was surprisingly way too big for the satchel) and thought perhaps they included a white version because of the color transfer issue with this particular bag.

I think the dusters are just the latest in cost cutting. But I am slightly annoyed by the fact that 90% of the products are made in China. The quality of many things has gone down while the price has increased.

I think the dusters are just the latest in cost cutting. But I am slightly annoyed by the fact that 90% of the products are made in China. The quality of many things has gone down while the price has increased.

Do you think the quality of the handbags has decreased? I haven't found that to be true w/my purchases so far.

Do you think the quality of the handbags has decreased? I haven't found that to be true w/my purchases so far.
There are certain exceptions, such as the Legacy collection, but overall I would tend to say so. More broken hardwear, leather doesn't seem quite as nice, the fraying fabrics, things like that come to mind.

newest dustbag pics

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg