These petty buyers are getting on my nerves

RedDuchess

In Luv with Louis
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
Ugghhhh I sell nothing buy high end items shoes, bags, etc.
and I start at .99 cents with no reserve(this probably contributes to all the cheapskates) now 3 buyers out of 42 auctions is complaining about $12.00 in shipping, etc. and I'm not even adding a surcharge.......what a pain in the bum:girlsigh:

One is explaining how the insurance should be $150.00, I'm like no:boxing: that's just what you paid the value is $500.00, and you would get your money back, I on the other hand would be out the money and the items.

Another wants me to bunch a dress up into a flat rate box just to save 2.00 when the dress is in perfectly pressed condition and could be sent in a dress box......then she has the nerve to say "I will address in my feedback", I let her know "feedback works two ways":cursing: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?????:confused1: The money they saved on the items, makes the reasonable shipping even less of an issue, I am really done with EBAY, its like the fleamarket of the world, and the buyer quality is reflective of that:yucky:
Don't mind me just ranting

They are getting right up my nose at the moment. Some of them wouldnt know a bargain if it bit their a**.
And if you did use less packaging they would probably moan about it getting damaged in transit...:cursing:

I thought insurance was for the auction price--if it got lost and I only paid insurance based on the item actually costing me $150, I wouldn't expect to get $500 in a settlement (that would be nice though).

Heck, I currently have a seller only willing to pay me HALF of what I paid on an item that is lost (she didn't insure or offer it and has no paperwork at all from the p.o.).

The insurance should be based upon the price the buyer paid, NOT the retail value. If the item is lost or damaged, the seller should file a claim. The seller would be reimbursed the insured value (the sale price) and the buyer would be refunded (the sale price).

The seller would not be out any funds as the seller has the initial payment made by the buyer.

In all honesty, if I was one of your buyers and you charged me insurance based on the retail value, I would complain as well.

The way I see it as a buyer, I should be able to request how an item is shipped within reason. if I don't care that the dress gets wrinkled, then I would ask for it shipped in a smaller box. Maybe she was going to get is cleaned before wearing anyways.

As a seller, I post all shipping costs so the buyer knows how much it will be before bidding. A buyer should not complain about shipping costs in feedback if it was clearly posted before they bought the item.

I think that the insurance should be based on what the buyer paid for the item.

The way I see it as a buyer, I should be able to request how an item is shipped within reason. if I don't care that the dress gets wrinkled, then I would ask for it shipped in a smaller box. Maybe she was going to get is cleaned before wearing anyways.

As a seller, I post all shipping costs so the buyer knows how much it will be before bidding. A buyer should not complain about shipping costs in feedback if it was clearly posted before they bought the item.

I think that the insurance should be based on what the buyer paid for the item.

I agree the amount paid by the buyer is the right price. To insure for more is a waste bc UPS, or USPS will give you no more than the auction price anyway.

I think you should try to accommodate a buyer UNLESS it will damage the item, bc insurance won't pay if you damage the item with your packing. That having been said, some sellers pack everything at the beginning of an auction and are ready to ship. So they give a shipping price on the auction. If you buy, you agree to it. LIVE WITH IT!!! Don't complain later and don't ask to have it shipped in a bag or a box or by camel or whatever...

I will upgrade shipping if someone asks and pays, but never downgrade...or compromise the package.

Buyers are a royal pain in the wazoo on ebay anymore, and on the other side, too many scammers selling. I don't bother with it anymore...:hysteric:

The insurance should be based upon the price the buyer paid, NOT the retail value. If the item is lost or damaged, the seller should file a claim. The seller would be reimbursed the insured value (the sale price) and the buyer would be refunded (the sale price).

The seller would not be out any funds as the seller has the initial payment made by the buyer.

In all honesty, if I was one of your buyers and you charged me insurance based on the retail value, I would complain as well.

Agreed, plus if the item is being shipped to another country, duties would be based on the insured value. That could make a huge difference.

I bought something off ebay and the seller insured for the retail price, not auction price. I ended up having to pay additional customs duties because of that.