Dating someone who loves Hermes?

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
Are any of you in a relationship with someone who loves Hermes?

As soon as I mentioned to my bf that I need a bag for school, he immediately said "birkin!" and then said we would look at some this weekend. He said this while wearing head-to-toe Hermes.

When I first saw his apartment, the guest bathroom had rows of Hermes bath products. It looked like a boutique.

It is nice to have my own private tutor of Hermes. :love:

Wow...lucky you! An understanding SO. My FI actually said to me this past weekend that he hates the work "birkin". I'm guessing I'm going to have an uphill battle with this.

My other half appreciates the quality of it and I know that he'll buy me things for birthday and Christmas but doubt he will ever be drawn into buying things for himself. He loves Dunhill and Belstaff too much to be swayed I think. I've been sending him links to HAC bags as he wants a weekender but hasn't been tempted.....so far :graucho:

seems suspicious to me..................

As soon as I mentioned to my bf that I need a bag for school, he immediately said "birkin!" and then said we would look at some this weekend. He said this while wearing head-to-toe Hermes.

When I first saw his apartment, the guest bathroom had rows of Hermes bath products. It looked like a boutique.

That's kind of sweet. It's great that you've found someone to enable --I mean, support-- your burgeoning H addiction. :P We should all be so lucky!

Take care of him and have a lovely relationship (unless he's a jerk, in which case, no amount of H-love is worth it).

He's a keeper!

My BF despises H. :sad:That's mainly beacuse of the Oprah situation. Luckily he doesn't know how much my bags actually cost. If he did, that would give him even more reason to despise the company!!:sad:

TBH I wouldn't want to hide the cost, it'd come out somehow eventually. My other half knows how much my bag cost and that I have plans for at least another two. The way he see's it as long as I can afford them then it's fine

I think it is far more important to have someone who loves you, rather than simply loving Hermes.

No, no of course. I never knew about his Hermes obsession when I first met him. That's not why I like him.

I have always liked Hermes but I am more of a Bottega Veneta girl....

I started this thread in the Hermes forum because it is about Hermes, not so much about the relationship....

Reactions: hfever and DR2014
Seemed a bit weird to me too but I think his family has ties with the company. It is a small world in Paris....

But I think it is cute that he is passionate about it. (He is passionate about other things as well.) Passion is quite endearing in people.

I agree, it's wonderful to be passionate about all sorts of things