Second Chance Offer

Michy1215

O.G.
May 26, 2007
I wanted to know how second chance offers work. I have 2 of the same item. If I make 1 listing, can I sell it to the high bidder and also do a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder for the 2nd item? Is that allowed or do I have to make a separate auction?

I think technically you have to do two, but realistically, if you sell one, and pay the fvf, and then do a 2nd chance, another fvf if they accept, and dont get a refund on the first fvf (which you would if the item wasn't paid for and you did a second chance). Ebay isn't out more than the listing fee...?

I think you can list as having more than one of the item though pretty easily.

I wanted to know how second chance offers work. I have 2 of the same item. If I make 1 listing, can I sell it to the high bidder and also do a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder for the 2nd item? Is that allowed or do I have to make a separate auction?

You can do either one. The good thing about the 2nd chance offer is that you don't have to pay another listing fee. You do have to pay 2 fvf, but you would have to anyway if you did 2 separate auctions, or if you did an auction saying you had 2.