torn trim on my ergo

Apr 25, 2007
When I was taking the pics for my other post I noticed that the trim on my khaki/white ergo is torn a little bit. It's patent leather. I am soooooo sad as this is one of my favorite bags right now. I don't know what to do.. It's not that big so should I just ignore it? Take to coach even though I am sure there is no way to repair it? This sucks.

I have worn the bag no more than 5 times :crybaby:

2417458202_69d808ec85.jpg

Here are some more pics. It's almost impossible to capture on camera. It is small but I am afraid it will get bigger!

2417567468_63c46724ff.jpg

2417562424_c50d08deda.jpg

See how it is kinda peeled up? I am afraid it is going to keep on going and get bigger.

I will say take it to Coach. Maybe they don't will fix it but maybe they give you a new one?
I found this on Coach.com:

What is the Coach guarantee?
Coach does its best to make sure you'll be satisfied with every purchase. However, should any item fall short of your expectations, by all means return it to us unused upon receipt. Just enclose the form included with your order and we will send you a prompt refund or replacement, whichever you prefer.

Coach products are made to ensure satisfaction and service for the natural life of the product. If, during its lifetime, your item should require repair, we offer a repair service for many of our products. There is a shipping and handling charge of $20 (plus tax, where applicable) for each item submitted for repair.

I will say take it to Coach. Maybe they don't will fix it but maybe they give you a new one?
I found this on Coach.com:

What is the Coach guarantee?
Coach does its best to make sure you'll be satisfied with every purchase. However, should any item fall short of your expectations, by all means return it to us unused upon receipt. Just enclose the form included with your order and we will send you a prompt refund or replacement, whichever you prefer.

Coach products are made to ensure satisfaction and service for the natural life of the product. If, during its lifetime, your item should require repair, we offer a repair service for many of our products. There is a shipping and handling charge of $20 (plus tax, where applicable) for each item submitted for repair.

Thank you :flowers:

I wonder though.. because if they couldn't repair it I would definitely want another one just like it, but this bag never made it to the stores or at least not yet. I wonder if they have any more in stock to replace it with. They have this color combo in the medium on the japan site but I like the large.

If you really want to keep that bag, I would look into some leather glue. You could probly put some on a toothpick or something and fix it up. Or ask a shoe repair place about it. I wouldn't let them do it unless you know them, tho. Never know.