When a seller offers double/triple $$ back if not authentic......

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
If the seller offers double/triple $$ back if the bag is not authentic, can ebay make him/her actually honor that promise? Has anyone ever collected on this promise?? :confused1:

I am one of those people that offer this. I always state in my listing that I will offer anyone a 3x your money back guarantee if my item is not authentic.

I don't worry about whether someone will collect or not because I KNOW that ALL my items are 1000% authentic. I understand, however, the question about whether this can be forced. I would like to believe that the only people saying this are poeple who don't have to worry about it but sadly that's probably not that case.

It would be a real shame is scammers were saying this as well!!

Ebay is a binding contract as some people happen to post in their listings. If someone is adding a written agreement to the terms of the sale, I don't see why that couldn't be enforced. I don't think ebay/ paypal would enforce it but I think if it were pursued in a court of law the "words" would hold up pretty strongly. It would have to worth the trouble of pursuing though-

No I wasnt talking to you directly. I just dont take any notice of guarantees etc. I just prefer to authenticate before I buy as everyone seems to have so much trouble getting money back at all as Paypal expect written proof of fakes and that is sometimes not easy at all. I do think scammers say this too. Some people dont know how hard it is to prove something is fake and it can lull people into a flse sense of security to think a refund is easy

I actually figured out (after I posted) that you weren't talking to me. It took me a minute to figure out what you meant in your post.. sorry! I get it now ; ) and I agree.

I actually figured out (after I posted) that you weren't talking to me. It took me a minute to figure out what you meant in your post.. sorry! I get it now ; ) and I agree.
No sorry from me. I just meant that those guarantees dont do it for me. I go by authentication, feedback and history of selling similar etc.
If I was replying to your post I would have quoted you..LOL

Ebay is a binding contract as some people happen to post in their listings. If someone is adding a written agreement to the terms of the sale, I don't see why that couldn't be enforced. I don't think ebay/ paypal would enforce it but I think if it were pursued in a court of law the "words" would hold up pretty strongly. It would have to worth the trouble of pursuing though-

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it is binding in court, but how many people would actually take it that far? Not me for sure! Ebay/Payapl are enough trouble as it is. :yes:

Well that depends.. is it an auction for a bbag.. and does the listing say 3x your money back..?? :smile:

I agree with both sides- I don't think anyone should buy with out looking into what moi et mes sacs siad..