I hate Returning bags to Coach

hrimaliv

here I'm alive
O.G.
Jan 25, 2007
FI are moving across the country in 10 days, so I decided to return a few bags that I have never used.

The girl who was in there gave me the meanest look and barely even spoke to me when I told her I wanted to return the bags. I don't think she spoke a word to me the rest of the time i was in the store. Like i was doing something wrong. I came in wearing my belted Ergo hobo (accessorized with a coach keyfob) so it's not like I just buy stuff to return it. It's just that these bags had been sitting in my closet (in dust bags) for months and months and I really needed the money back for them.

so anyway, I was only able to return 1 bag and 1 mini skinny. They wouldn't let me return the other 2 bags because they were outlet bags. Now, i know I have returned factory items to the boutique before, but this other girl working there wouldn't let me and said they can only return factory bags at a boutique if the bag at one time was being sold at a boutique.

Now I'm worried that the outlet store won't let me return them either, or will only give me store credit. what do you think? I have all of the receipts and the bags have their original tags on them.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. i hate feeling like a criminal because I want to return a bag. :hrmm: and I really need this money right now.

That is such BS. I recently just returned an outlet purchase, two items actually, that were from a while ago (not being sold currently) and it was no problem at all. I hate when freaking SA's are on a power trip.

rant over!

FI are moving across the country in 10 days, so I decided to return a few bags that I have never used.

The girl who was in there gave me the meanest look and barely even spoke to me when I told her I wanted to return the bags. I don't think she spoke a word to me the rest of the time i was in the store. Like i was doing something wrong. I came in wearing my belted Ergo hobo (accessorized with a coach keyfob) so it's not like I just buy stuff to return it. It's just that these bags had been sitting in my closet (in dust bags) for months and months and I really needed the money back for them.

so anyway, I was only able to return 1 bag and 1 mini skinny. They wouldn't let me return the other 2 bags because they were outlet bags. Now, i know I have returned factory items to the boutique before, but this other girl working there wouldn't let me and said they can only return factory bags at a boutique if the bag at one time was being sold at a boutique.

Now I'm worried that the outlet store won't let me return them either, or will only give me store credit. what do you think? I have all of the receipts and the bags have their original tags on them.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. i hate feeling like a criminal because I want to return a bag. :hrmm: and I really need this money right now.
call CS and the manager, not true that you can only return transfers

you could return your outlet items to the boutique but could only get merchandise credit. it says it on the back of the receipt. but you should take it to the outlet cause you will get your original payment back instead of merchandise credit. the outlet shouldn't give you a hard time so don't worry.

That is such BS. I recently just returned an outlet purchase, two items actually, that were from a while ago (not being sold currently) and it was no problem at all. I hate when freaking SA's are on a power trip.

rant over!
I'll continue your rant, because that is total crap. As long as you have the receipts and tags, you can return these to the boutique for store credit OR to the outlet for a refund of the original form of payment. I agree, they are just angry SAs who are on power trips.

Read the back of your receipts, the policy is stated there...

Why are they so angry anyway? I shouldn't be scared to return something that I spend good money on. The amount of money dropped in that store I think we should be treated like royalty....or at least like a human.

Coach stuff sells so good that I wonder why they raise a stink when you bring brand new bags back? I'm going to have to be super careful from now on what I buy at Coach because I'm also tired of getting treated bad if I change my mind.